Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

2 hours ago, Fundamentals said:

FWIW, only two players listed as “transferring” (code for in portal) still showing on website Verbal Commits are Lander and Geronimo.  That is a recent change in that Race and Aarman are no longer listed.  Not sayin’, just sayin’ 

I still see 'TR' by Franklin and Thompson as well on this grid from that site (scroll down to the scholarship chart).

https://verbalcommits.com/schools/indiana

10 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Armaan, Stewart, and Hunter could create a deadly trio on the perimeter shooting. 

Would be great if he had a point guard with elite speed and floor vision to feed those guys the ball, and an elite guy to score inside. We would be really hard to guard with the right scheme. 

You mean kinda like Lander and TJD? :coffee:

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosier51 said:

I think it was on the April Fools sight.

I think I might have went for a little to obvious one lol.

LOL.  No problem.  My kids go to Silver Creek with Trey, and I had a hard time imaging him doing that, let alone 2 days before he plays for a State Championship.  

• Like 2

Just now, 5fouls said:

LOL.  No problem.  My kids go to Silver Creek with Trey, and I had a hard time imaging him doing that, let alone 2 days before he plays for a State Championship.  

It wasn't well thought out on my part lol. Purdue would never let him out of his LOI for us.

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Can’t he transfer without penalty technically?

Actually technically no. That rule hasn’t passed yet. They are voting on that this weekend at the final four meeting. So as of right now all transfers have to sit a year unless they get a waiver. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Actually technically no. That rule hasn’t passed yet. They are voting on that this weekend at the final four meeting. So as of right now all transfers have to sit a year unless they get a waiver. 

But even then will it apply to incoming freshmen?

5 hours ago, Fundamentals said:

FWIW, only two players listed as “transferring” (code for in portal) still showing on website Verbal Commits are Lander and Geronimo.  That is a recent change in that Race and Aarman are no longer listed.  Not sayin’, just sayin’ 

247 still lists them as transferring and it says that it was updated this morning. That said, the list doesn't appear to actually be up to date. Durham's transfer location is still a "?" and Stewart is still on the list. 

It looks like walk-on Jacquez Henderson is transferring.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Basketball/TransferPortal/

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Who knows. It’s the ncaa. They might not even pass the one time transfer rule for all we know. 

Knowing the NCAA, they'll not only reject the rule change but then take it several steps backwards and do something stupid like take away the grad transfer waiver and force everyone who enters the portal to sit out a year regardless of whether they leave their current school or not.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Are they planning to do so?  Growing up, I had a branch of family in Arkansas and we’d drive it from Indiana once a year or so.  Not a straight shot at all.  But I think the I-69 concept would cut it down a lot by essentially creating a diagonal.   The funny thing is I don’t drive it anymore lol.  

I lived in Paducah Kentucky up until a little over a year ago. I-69 through Kentucky just officially finished up a few months before with all the exits/ramps being redone. Not sure from there though.

• Thanks 1