Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

39 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Geronimo, Lander and Race were all top 100.  Top 80 iirc 

Only lander was top 50.  Geronimo and Race were over 100.  

that was the issue with Archie - recruiting.  His three best players were  from the state of Indiana.  His only top 100 guy other than that was Jerome Hunter.   His program wasn’t attracting national talent - mainly his offense.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Only lander was top 50.  Geronimo and Race were over 100.  

that was the issue with Archie - recruiting.  His three best players were  from the state of Indiana.  His only top 100 guy other than that was Jerome Hunter.   His program wasn’t attracting national talent - mainly his offense.  

Your right Jordan was the 103rd ranked player.  Still a 4 star. 

Race was the 76th ranked player by the only service that ranked him after his reclass 

So in the transfer portal we have a 3 star that most people rank as our best player in the portal.  2 four stars and a five star.  

33 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Your right Jordan was the 103rd ranked player.  Still a 4 star. 

Race was the 76th ranked player by the only service that ranked him after his reclass 

So in the transfer portal we have a 3 star that most people rank as our best player in the portal.  2 four stars and a five star.  

Gotcha.  I may have been looking at Races original ranking of like 125-150. 

Either way, it was Archie’s downfall.  Indiana, bottom line, should be recruiting top-100 guys nationally with a few 5 stars mixed in.    

To boot, Romeo probably doesn’t come to IU or Kansas and Louisville don’t get into trouble.  

I do hope Lander stays though.   

38 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Not sure where to put this...but I think this is huge in how IU is (perhaps?) trying to be a trendsetter for recruiting with some of the new NCAA rules perhaps changing...this could be huge with recruits. I like it!

For being "irrelevent" like some other teams fans like to claim, having the second most followed twitter account seems pretty good. Goodmans obsessive tweeting about IU tells you all you need to know about were IU stands in the college basketball landscape, they are worried IU that will get back on top.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Gotcha.  I may have been looking at Races original ranking of like 125-150. 

Either way, it was Archie’s downfall.  Indiana, bottom line, should be recruiting top-100 guys nationally with a few 5 stars mixed in.    

To boot, Romeo probably doesn’t come to IU or Kansas and Louisville don’t get into trouble.  

I do hope Lander stays though.   

For the most part Archie did recruit top 100 guys.  Most of his guys were 4 stars or above. Races composite was in the 130s because rivals didn’t rerank him after his reclass.  

If wasn’t until Archie had already demonstrated he was a failure.  I’m pretty sure Armaan was his first 3 star and Armaan is pretty good. 

Archie sucked regardless his players are pretty good. 

5 minutes ago, John S said:

Geronimo, Franklin, Lander and Race. I admire Race the most, but he is the most replaceable IMO. To me , Geronimo has the most upside to offer.  He can really be a game changer with all that athleticism. 

But the front court could be solid with the possibility of TJD, Brunk, Duncomb and Race. But is that too many non shooting bigs? Do you think Woodson might let Race transfer without a fight? 

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

What’s everybody’s order of need for our remaining guys. 

Me I see it as 

1a - Lander

1b - Geronimo 

2 - Franklin

3 - Race 

That being said I want all of them back 

Wow. I’d rather have Franklin than the rest of them put together. He’s a 2 way stud. 

9 hours ago, John S said:

Geronimo, Franklin, Lander and Race. I admire Race the most, but he is the most replaceable IMO. To me , Geronimo has the most upside to offer.  He can really be a game changer with all that athleticism. 

8 hours ago, OldDog said:

But the front court could be solid with the possibility of TJD, Brunk, Duncomb and Race. But is that too many non shooting bigs? Do you think Woodson might let Race transfer without a fight? 

This situation just kinda sucks. Race was the second best player on the team and because he won’t fit well within the the assumed scheme next year it’s not unreasonable to see why he’s replaceable. 

Race is one of my favorite players damnit! But it’s a situation where I could completely understand his decision to transfer. 

Maybe (hopefully) we aren’t seeing the bigger picture. Race does have a good looking shot. Maybe he can adapt into being more of a stretch four. Regardless of what plays out I appreciate everything he’s done for the team and I’ll root for him. Great kid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

This situation just kinda sucks. Race was the second best player on the team and because he won’t fit well within the the assumed scheme next year it’s not unreasonable to see why he’s replaceable. 

Race is one of my favorite players damnit! But it’s a situation where I could completely understand his decision to transfer. 

Maybe (hopefully) we aren’t seeing the bigger picture. Race does have a good looking shot. Maybe he can adapt into being more of a stretch four. Regardless of what plays out I appreciate everything he’s done for the team and I’ll root for him. Great kid. 

Agreed. I sure hope he stays because he's the kind of teammate that brings so many intangibles to a team.  Race has shown, I think, great integrity this past year.  He has grown not only physically, really making his presence known inside, but also as a leader of this team.  It took courage for him to voice his views and concerns last summer, and I was so pleased to see Joey Brunk join him at a march.  If Race chooses to go elsewhere to further his career, I will support him 100% because he'll be doing what he thinks is best for himself personally. He's a terrific young man.  But I would love to see him stay in the candy stripes and continue his growth at IU.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, OldDog said:

Good point. I totally forgot Duncomb.  Tough decision for coach.  I wouldnt be surprised if he let Race go.   

1 hour ago, John S said:

Good point. I totally forgot Duncomb.  Tough decision for coach.  I wouldnt be surprised if he let Race go.   

I don’t think he would tell Race, hey we don’t want you. How many times were we in foul trouble and had a 6’5 dude in the post. Race back would be great.  Have 4 dudes over 6’8 that can legit play hasn’t happened since Newton, odle, Jeffries, leach...

• Like 7