Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

Timing is everything. So many in the portal- how do you prioritize and how long do you wait?

Same issue with the IU kids that put their names in. How long do you wait on them? Have to believe the discussions have already been held with CMW.

IU is not in  position to wait it out if kids want to join the program.

Edited by Euroclydon
  • Like 1

Just now, Euroclydon said:

Timing is everything. So many in the portal- how do you prioritize and how long do you wait.

Same issue with the IU kids that put their names in. How long do you wait on them? Have to believe the discussions have already been held with CMW.

So true - IU might call every recruit - doesn't mean fit will work.  Most in potal want to be used differently or have different playing time, or different exposure.  Some are in for the degree opportunity.  

It will all work out!  

1 hour ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Would miss Franklin on a team I root for.  Fun kid to get behind and hope for success.  But, with that being said- if true, there is always a reason.  Guessing it comes down to wanting a situation to have the ball in hand and to be the guy.  With some of the returning players and rumored transfers, the ball will be going through the hoop with multiple hands.  

Just want to reiterate this kid has been as easy of a kid to root for do to his toughness and leadership.  All kids are looking for different opportunities and hope he stays, but understand if he doesn't.

Yea this was more about any of the guys choosing illannoy than anything specifically related to Franklin. I’m a huge fan of Franklin and definitely want him back. 

• Like 1

I think CMW checks all the boxes for Franklin and vice versa.

Franklin can guard multiple positions -- 1 through 3 -- and has the whole offensive package including the ability to hit the 3.  He's also hardworking and a good teammate.  This is a guy we definitely want back.  Franklin and his mom say they want someone they can trust.  With CMW what you see is what you get.  There may be some coaches that you can trust as much as CMW but none you can trust more.  It probably seems that it is taking a long time because we're so anxious to get AF back in the fold. 

BTW I think AF was on his way to an all-B1G season until he hurt his ankle.  He was shooting @48% from 3 and averaging 16 or so a game in the stretch before he got hurt (not the whole preseason though). 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bustout said:

Was Franklin really attached to Archie?  Does he not think he’s excel under Woodson?   Does he just want a fresh start?    

He always seemed like an Indiana kid ... so not sure what else he’s looking for unless he really loved Archie. 

I'm really trying to understand Franklin here. Mentioned earlier I'll hold off until things are known but if heads to Illinois??? 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You gotta love those Wiki updates.  

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Nicholas Alexander Castellanos (born March 4, 1992) is an American professional baseball right fielder for the Cincinnati Reds of Major League Baseball (MLB). He previously played for the Detroit Tigers and Chicago Cubs. He also is the owner of the St. Louis Cardinals of the MLB. Nicholas Castellanos Detroit 9'

Obviously the person who did the update was a Reds fan.

I think we ought to do mandatory drug testing on all Reds fans.

BTW how come this is in the transfer portal thread?  Does Nick have some college eligibility left?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bustout said:

Was Franklin really attached to Archie?  Does he not think he’s excel under Woodson?   Does he just want a fresh start?    

He always seemed like an Indiana kid ... so not sure what else he’s looking for unless he really loved Archie. 

I've given this some thought.

He could of been attached to Archie.

He may feel that some how he is responsible for the team's collapse and the firing of his coach. He's not.

He's been through a really traumatic situation and just may need time to get it back together.

He needs to take his time in making up his mind (and heart) on whether to trust CMW.

Perhaps there are other reasons or it is a combination of things.

But I think CMW is exactly the coach he needs.

8 minutes ago, slojoe said:

Obviously the person who did the update was a Reds fan.

I think we ought to do mandatory drug testing on all Reds fans.

BTW how come this is in the transfer portal thread?  Does Nick have some college eligibility left?

I was so eager to post it, I forgot which thread I had opened.  :D

6 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

Timing is everything. So many in the portal- how do you prioritize and how long do you wait?

You give them another week then you move on.The roster and staff will start taking shape this week.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 3

meh, maybe he doesn't match well with Coach Woodson.  just because many on here think he is the second coming of Coach Knight doesn't make him that.  Maybe he was told to expect one coaching hire and then we ended up with Coach Woodson.  Maybe he doesn't trust the administration any more.  Maybe he was told they were not going to fire CAM and then did it.  He is 20, who knows what's going on in his head or within the program.

If he wants to transfer, ok, get on with it.  If he comes back, he will be slightly tainted but i am sure that will wear off as the season progresses.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

meh, maybe he doesn't match well with Coach Woodson.  just because many on here think he is the second coming of Coach Knight doesn't make him that.  Maybe he was told to expect one coaching hire and then we ended up with Coach Woodson.  Maybe he doesn't trust the administration any more.  Maybe he was told they were not going to fire CAM and then did it.  He is 20, who knows what's going on in his head or within the program.

If he wants to transfer, ok, get on with it.  If he comes back, he will be slightly tainted but i am sure that will wear off as the season progresses.

Didnt he comment on the boo's the last game?

Replace everyone that is leaving with good shooters. Make sure they can shoot. And If you can't shoot at least 80 % from the free throw line uncontested. You sure as hell have no business jacking up contested threes! I hope we have a coach that understands this? After reading what Woody said to Trayce?  

• bluegrassIU changed the title to Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.