Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

Just now, dgambill said:

I think it is probably age difference. Most I know are younger/casual fans. Always worried about landing the next 5 star kid...and then following them into the pros. Older ones are like your fans...they want to see kids stay and develop. How can you see what a 4 year kid will do if he never makes it. So definitely a split fan base. Not many get old stay old fans over there in the younger generation. If the kid doesn't ball out from day one they are ready to move on and replace him with a new shiny toy!

I wonder if the younger generation of UK fans enjoyed the NCAAT this year?  

• Haha 2

Just now, Hoosier51 said:

And we would be happy to get him. I'll fully embrace my hypocrisy on being happy to get a player from a rival but hating one of our players going to a rival. 😀

At this point I would be thrilled to get him of course if he is even gettable. I honestly am not sure he will even enter the portal. With Race and Geronimo possibly gone we will be desperate for someone to play the 4 with Jerome. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rico said:

That would be news to me.  All the diehard UK fans that I know, want him.  

Regardless, I would take him.  KBJ now has a chip on his shoulder.  The land of unicorns and the NBA lottery have evaporated in front of him just as the bluegrass did.  Being surrounded by familiar faces in his home state would do him good.  

Pass the catsup!

Here we go again.

• Haha 2

Just now, dgambill said:

At this point I would be thrilled to get him of course if he is even gettable. I honestly am not sure he will even enter the portal. With Race and Geronimo possibly gone we will be desperate for someone to play the 4 with Jerome. 

Yeah it's all speculation right now, probably a good chance he doesn't even enter the portal.

• Like 1

Just now, dgambill said:

TBH, I think Cal needs KBJ more than KBJ needs UK.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, rico said:

I wonder if the younger generation of UK fans enjoyed the NCAAT this year?  

A lot of bitter fighting amongst them. I know one family friend that he and his dad go round and round at the dinner table about Cal and the OAD system. Both make good points...hard to say either if 100% wrong or right. Both very upset about this year though. I think to bring this back to Brooks...the son wants him gone to make way for a more talented player to make it back and the father wants guys to grow and the leadership that upper classman bring in making a tourney run. 

Interestingly since WW Wes kinda stopped helping the program and went off to the NBA the talent level of the OAD kids showing up at UK has drastically gone down. It's no longer landing the top 3 or 4 kids in a class and like 5 top 20 kids....its like landing one top 10 and a couple in the teens or twenties and a couple more in the 30s and 40s. Also I think UK really really misses Kenny Payne who left to the Knicks. He was a great bench coach who doesn't get the credit he deserved under Cal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

In relation to a previous discussion that has occurred a number of times:

Woody having no contact whatsoever in any form with Brooks = white area

Woody calling up Brooks to see if he wants to transfer  = black area

Woody mentioning to TJD he knows he and Brooks are friends and asking if he has ever expressed any interest in transferring = gray area. 

Woody asking TJD about Brooks in a tweet or text message = idiot  .... if you play in the grey area just be smart....nothing traceable lol. Don't want another Sampson-gate.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Woody mentioning to TJD he knows he and Brooks are friends and asking if he has ever expressed any interest in transferring = gray area. 

This would be like the lightest of gray areas. 

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

That’s like an off-white shade of gray, IMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GaloisGroupe said:

I think mentioning Brooks by name is more grey than off-white. 

Something generic like "Help me find some players..."  should be sufficiently off-white

Anything word of mouth is nothing. Start leaving a paper trail.. then it could be gray ish. 

• Like 2