Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

So should we take that Franklin not coming back.  I would think Johnson would want to go to a place where he definitely would start.  

Well he is a point guard and Franklin is a 2. I'm not sure I see the issue.

A starting backcourt of Johnson, Franklin, and Stewart would be formidable. All three can make plays for others, all three can shoot at least a bit, all three can get to the rim and finish. I'm not saying those three are as good as Baylor's guards, but that would be one of the best backcourts in the B1G with TJD being probably the best returning player in the conference in the front court. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

So... people in the know - what is the updated scorecard?

Franklin - what is the bet here and when do we hear?

Thompson - see above?

Brunk - anyone claim to know for sure?  will there be an announcement?

Johnson - odds?  when?

Brooks - is there any fire here or just smoke?

Anyone else in the rumor mill?

Don't we know for sure on Brunk? He already announced he was playing another year; if he hasn't gone in the portal and hasn't said he is changing his plans, shouldn't we assume they're the same as his last announcement he made? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, labeck81 said:

Yes. 100 percent confident in my source too. Doesn't mean in theory Armaan could still leave I guess...

I always felt Race was the top candidate to leave just based on TJD returning and the style Woodson wants to play. 

To put a combo of TJD, Armaan, Stewart, potentially Brooks too would be a pretty good lineup. Add Johnson or Lander as PG and look out.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Don't we know for sure on Brunk? He already announced he was playing another year; if he hasn't gone in the portal and hasn't said he is changing his plans, shouldn't we assume they're the same as his last announcement he made? 

From all I have seen, Brunk has told Woodson that he is in for next season. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

TJD said this at his presser....

"I also believe Joey being healthy, it will give our team a much better dynamic just because he’s so big and a really good post player. It allows me to be able to go out and handle the ball and do things of that nature.”

So I think Joey coming back is close to a sure thing

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

I always felt Race was the top candidate to leave just based on TJD returning and the style Woodson wants to play. 

To put a combo of TJD, Armaan, Stewart, potentially Brooks too would be a pretty good lineup. Add Johnson or Lander as PG and look out.

So are we sure Brooks would be an upgrade over Hunter?  I have watched 0 seconds of Brooks play so i have no clue. I do know that Hunter has the ability to take his defender in the post as well as be one of our better shooters outside (not a real high bar, i know).  Does Brooks have that same or similar skill set?

1 minute ago, 3Ballin said:

So are we sure Brooks would be an upgrade over Hunter?  I have watched 0 seconds of Brooks play so i have no clue. I do know that Hunter has the ability to take his defender in the post as well as be one of our better shooters outside (not a real high bar, i know).  Does Brooks have that same or similar skill set?

I cant say for certain because I did not watch much, I will say that I think he is an immediate upgrade defensively. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 3Ballin said:

Fair enough. 👍

I'd say Jerome's biggest asset is his ability to shoot the 3. Add Parker to the lineup along with Johnson, who shoots better than Lander or Rob, then the 3 point shooting is improved. I'd trade Brooks' defensive ability to switch and guard multiple positions. Just my own opinion. 

Just now, labeck81 said:

Assuming Race goes (or even if he stays), we need to find a 4 man who can shoot.

We need more than just a 4 who can shoot.  We need several players at all positions who can put the ball through the baskets.  As mentioned many many time under the CAM tenure, he can't shoot the ball for them.  And they had allot of open and point blank looks that didn't go in, for 4 years.  So we need some upgraded shooters or a huge leap in our current rosters shooting percentage

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

I'd say Jerome's biggest asset is his ability to shoot the 3. Add Parker to the lineup along with Johnson, who shoots better than Lander or Rob, then the 3 point shooting is improved. I'd trade Brooks' defensive ability to switch and guard multiple positions. Just my own opinion. 

Totally makes sense. My only fear would be that we end up with Smith, who admitidly had a hell of a year, 2.0 and teams will be daring him to shoot while clogging the lane and helping off to actual shooters.  

It's guna be interesting at the very least to see how all this plays out!

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Last season of play shooting %s- Hunter 34, Stewart 35, Franklin 42, Johnson 32.... that's really nice balance, couple that with TJD. That's a really, really solid start.

I think earlier you mentioned Brooks in a lineup (maybe it wasn't you) do you think he is actually leaving UK or more of a guess? I know you have been able to provide some insight in the past, or at least good educated guesses.

Just now, Beamerball said:

I think earlier you mentioned Brooks in a lineup (maybe it wasn't you) do you think he is actually leaving UK or more of a guess? I know you have been able to provide some insight in the past, or at least good educated guesses.

Have no guess on that one. There are some people here that have mentioned they believe it'll happen though.