Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Not moving the goal posts.  Just won't get excited until they prove something.  I have been here and excited to many time to fall for it again.  Fool me 4 times, shame on me.  Not this time.  Nope.  Going to wait for the to prove it was a good hire and they can win basketball games, or hell, improve players from year to year would even be nice to see.

I am very cautiously optimistic.  But i will not jump feet first into the this.  But i fully expect next year to be similar to this year.  It is the same players.  The same BBIQ and same inability to shoot the ball from anywhere on the floor.  As mentioned so many times in the past.  The coach can't shoot it for them, just put them in position.  And we missed so many open and easy shots.

So I will wait.  Might make me a bad fan or something.  But i will only put my hand in fire like 4 times before i learn.  I might be stupid but i am not that stupid :) 

I mean.. I get that, but we're fans. It's ok to be stupidly, overly optimistic lol 

I know Lions fans, Dolphins fans.. I'm an IU FOOTBALL fan..

One of my best friends is a JETS FAN 🤣 haha what IUBB fans have went through is NOTHING compared to a lot of programs/sports teams. 

The Bungals haven't won a playoff game since before I was born or some s***. I'm not going to tell you "how to be a fan" or anything like that.. just saying you aren't "dumb" or "fooled again" for blindly supporting your favorite team. 🤷‍♂️ makes you normal in my book. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Anyone know what our scholarship count is like? For example, if Race and Franklin stay, can we add Brooks? If we do add Brooks with those, do we have any scholarships left? 

Has Brooks entered the portal?

• Like 1

If I was a betting man, I would bet Brooks does not enter the portal. I think they like the attention. I could be wrong. Cal really is not a player developer. If you were ranked higher than 16 out of high school chances are you are going to transfer and not be a OAD. However, I still don’t see him leaving.

11 minutes ago, MaroonRebel said:

If I was a betting man, I would bet Brooks does not enter the portal. I think they like the attention. I could be wrong. Cal really is not a player developer. If you were ranked higher than 16 out of high school chances are you are going to transfer and not be a OAD. However, I still don’t see him leaving.

Not them seeking attention. The only word from them has been they are testing the NBA, and likely returning to UK.

The rumors are not from them at all. It's been all internet chatter to this point.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

They are supposed to be targeted ads based on each users own personal search history.  And that's all I'll say about that ;) 

You guys down for a bulk order? Maybe get them customized, with candy stripes and our HSN names?!

As Coach would (probably) say, “Gotta take proper care of your wood-son!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

9 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Anyone know what our scholarship count is like? For example, if Race and Franklin stay, can we add Brooks? If we do add Brooks with those, do we have any scholarships left? 

Brunks would be a free covid year so if everyone is back it would be one.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

You guys down for a bulk order? Maybe get them customized, with candy stripes and our HSN names?!

As Coach would (probably) say, “Gotta take proper care of your wood-son!”

Could you imagine the reaction if they opened up the order and saw it was supposed to be engeaved with "3ballin" on it!? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Fundamentals said:

By week’s end:

Franklin leaves

X Johnson arrives

Race leaves

Brooks arrives??

Correct me if im wrong, but didnt somebody on here say Franklin was taking part in team activities?  If he was leaving, or even talking/meeting with other teams, it wouldnt make sense for him to still be working out with our team would it?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Correct me if im wrong, but didnt somebody on here say Franklin was taking part in team activities?  If he was leaving, or even talking/meeting with other teams, it wouldnt make sense for him to still be working out with our team would it?

I thought I saw Arman in the pictures the other day as well.  I took that as good sign.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Stay in game shape and he is still friends with the guys...

He may still stay, but the longer it drags out, the less likely that becomes IMO.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

I definitely hope that he returns, but I wouldn't take too much stock in this. I remember when Archie took over after Crean was fired, OG and Blackmon participated in team activities with Archie even though both ended up leaving. Not exactly the same thing since they were going pro and not transferring, but it makes me not read too much into it. 

Edited by JABBATHEHOOSIER

22 minutes ago, JABBATHEHOOSIER said:

Not exactly the same thing since they were going pro and not transferring, but it makes me not read too much into it. 

I would think that would be the main kicker.  I know leaving is leaving, but actively looking to join a direct competitor vs weighing your options on iu or nba is a big difference. I REALLY would love to see Arman back at iu next year!  But i would think a "💩  or get off the pot" discussion would be had sooner than later. 

• Like 4

More of a general question/comment about transfer portal. Did the NCAA ever think about the ramifications of granting everyone an extra year of eligibility and the chaos that would create? Here's my example. Good friend of mine has a son who plays college football. When they chose the school for him it was because depth chart at TE was 2 seniors meaning his son would wait his turn as a freshman (this year)knowing they would be gone and playing time would be there next year.

Now both seniors are going to return to get Masters and my friends kid will be using his 2nd year of eligibility next year mostly not playing again. They are looking into transferring now. Just curious what people think about extra year for everyone.

• Like 1

• bluegrassIU changed the title to Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.