Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well said. Good luck to him. That said there is no reason for Hoosier fans to feel obligated to be Armaan fans. He doesn’t want to be part of the IU family and that’s his right. But just because he played here doesn’t mean we owe him anything moving forward. Appreciate his two big games in the crossroads...that’s how I’ll choose to remember him. Wish I could have had something more substantial to remember him by (like a tourney win or something) but he left before we got to the good stuff. ✌️

I just unfollow him and his Mom and that's it for me. No big deal. They aren't wanting to be a member of IU anymore. That's a choice....but us fans get beat up by some of the high moral ground folks here and elsewhere. He's not an IU guy anymore. Not a fan. Sorry to those who want to splice fandom. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, ledies22 said:

You can’t be salty and “good riddance” to Armaan while accepting XJ in the same breath. You win some you lose some. Hate to see him go. Good luck to Armaan. 

I don’t get that. One choose to not be part of our family after experiencing all the love and support and the other sees it and ran to us! We are IU fans...not NCAA fans...I only got room in my life for IU. Just like Kaufman... I opened up my heart to him and he chose another program. Don’t hate the kid and that’s his right...but I don’t owe him anything...unless we got have well wishes for everyone else on Virginia’s team.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So at this point, we've essentially traded 

Al and Armaan 

for 

Parker and Xavier 

Opinions on how we came out?

Al was gone either way, and Parker has been here for months. I look at it as XJ for Armaan. I wouldn’t make that trade. The way you laid it out it definitely closes that gap. hopefully we can get back in the portal. We seem light at the 2/3 spot. 

22 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Maybe...but also a question might be...does Virginia fit him better?  Franklin was much improved, no doubt, but his game might be better suited for the Virginia style instead of the new IU style.  Just a thought.  

This was in reference to Noah Locke not Armaan.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don’t get that. One choose to not be part of our family after experiencing all the love and support and the other sees it and ran to us! We are IU fans...not NCAA fans...I only got room in my life for IU. Just like Kaufman... I opened up my heart to him and he chose another program. Don’t hate the kid and that’s his right...but I don’t owe him anything...unless we got have well wishes for everyone else on Virginia’s team.

Understood. I am no longer a fan of Armaan nor will I root for him. My point is.... it’s a two way street. They come and they go. Some of the comments are spiteful. That’s not really needed. Al didn’t this reaction. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ledies22 said:

Understood. I am no longer a fan of Armaan nor will I root for him. My point is.... it’s a two way street. They come and they go. Some of the comments are spiteful. That’s not really needed. Al didn’t this reaction. 

Sure. Some take it more personal and i don’t get that either. Al graduated...gave us his 4 years...I’ve got nothing but love for him. That said I’m kinda glad he left because I thought he was getting too many minutes under Archie as it was.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'll be honest, this one is a bummer. Franklin is obviously allowed to make his own choice and he hasn't done anything wrong at all. I wish him well, though I won't be rooting for him or anything, he'll just be any other player. 

I just think it's weird that every other player came back (we knew Al was leaving all along), and every other in-state kid especially came back. It's just odd to me to have all of your teammates, again especially the in-state ones, profess their desire to bring IU back and their belief in Woodson, and then just have one guy bail. And, it's a guy that got a ton of playing time and the fans loved. 

So again, no ill will and I wish him well, and he has every right to make this choice, it just seems odd to me. I would more understand a guy like Geronimo wanting to get closer to home or even Race wanting to go to the school his dad and brother went to, but it just seems really off to me that an Indiana kid chose to leave when all of his teammates are staying. 

Makes you wonder if it's a blessing. Not being negative, but those are very legitimate questions. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'll be honest, this one is a bummer. Franklin is obviously allowed to make his own choice and he hasn't done anything wrong at all. I wish him well, though I won't be rooting for him or anything, he'll just be any other player. 

I just think it's weird that every other player came back (we knew Al was leaving all along), and every other in-state kid especially came back. It's just odd to me to have all of your teammates, again especially the in-state ones, profess their desire to bring IU back and their belief in Woodson, and then just have one guy bail. And, it's a guy that got a ton of playing time and the fans loved. 

So again, no ill will and I wish him well, and he has every right to make this choice, it just seems odd to me. I would more understand a guy like Geronimo wanting to get closer to home or even Race wanting to go to the school his dad and brother went to, but it just seems really off to me that an Indiana kid chose to leave when all of his teammates are staying. 

Well said. Can’t argue with Virginia’s success being appealing but I can’t help but think he missed on a Golden opportunity here.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Makes you wonder if it's a blessing. Not being negative, but those are very legitimate questions. 

Honestly, that's kind of my thought too. I want to be very careful to not disparage Franklin as he seems like a great kid. But again, this just seems odd. 

• Like 5