Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

4 minutes ago, labeck81 said:

Adam Miller seems unlikely to IU but man would that be something.  Also Bryce Hamilton from UNLV just put his name in - highly productive.

I think Miller left UIUC because he wants to play point guard and Curbelo is preventing that. No chance he’d get that opportunity at IU. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I think Miller left UIUC because he wants to play point guard and Curbelo is preventing that. No chance he’d get that opportunity at IU. 

That makes sense. Nothing about him screams PG to me but these kids are allowed to feel how they feel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Maybe I could have been more tactful with my words but I stand by my position.  I want kids committed to making the program better and contributing to a TEAM.  This is a kid who would have played and been featured just fine here for his pro aspirations. 

I have followed basketball long enough to know that you need buy-in all the way for the benefit of the team.  This is a team game, not a game of individuals who are trying to put their interests first. 

We can agree to disagree here. I don’t want kids like that here and I think we will be better off for it. At the end of the day, I don’t owe the kid a $&@# thing.  He doesn’t know or care that I exist and hence neither one of us is worthy of the other’s energy.  I don’t wish him any ill will certainly but he’s not worth my time either.  

Fair enough. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't see where "cleansing the BS" is coming from. Armaan did everything we asked of him in his time here. 

I'm not saying anyone has to root for him, he just did nothing wrong. 

I hear ya. But we have all typed emotionally here at times. We know the character of @BobSaccamanno so I didn't think a lot of it.

I understood his point, if not agreeing with the tone.

We have all been there on this board.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I watched Armaan in high school. Knew he was underrated. Knew he had the chance to develop into something really special. Thought he was doing that. Thought we hired a coach who was going to implement a system he could flourish in even more. His buddies all came back. Something isn't adding up right now....

With that said. You either with us or you aren't. I'm certain there's a "The Wire" scene or quote in there somewhere. He isn't with us. Said my piece and no longer have the Franklin's in my well wishes department. I support and help the kids who want Indiana on the jersey. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

I watched Armaan in high school. Knew he was underrated. Knew he had the chance to develop into something really special. Thought he was doing that. Thought we hired a coach who was going to implement a system he could flourish in even more. His buddies all came back. Something isn't adding up right now....

With that said. You either with us or you aren't. I'm there's a "The Wire" scene or quote in there somewhere. He isn't with us. Said my piece and no longer have the Franklin's in my well wishes department. I support and help the kids who want Indiana on the jersey. 

Some of you guys are being far more articulate than I am. But I think we are aligned.  

Buy-in for the good of the team is a pet peeve of mine, not just in sports.  It can just as easily apply to work environments.  I firmly believe individual glory follows naturally.  

Unlike with Xavier’s issue at Pitt, which I view as different, I just don’t see what Armaan would lose out on at IU. It’s a pro system led by a pro coach.  Matta, Kenya, and Fife are in the building too and there’s track record with pros like Conley, Oden, Evan Turner, and Jaren Jackson.  

Every single one of his teammates bought in.  He stands out, alone.  Anyway, the horse is dead.  

• Like 2

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

Some of you guys are being far more articulate than I am. But I think we are aligned.  

Buy-in for the good of the team is a pet peeve of mine, not just in sports.  It can just as easily apply to work environments.  I firmly believe individual glory follows naturally.  

Unlike with Xavier’s issue at Pitt, which I view as different, I just don’t see what Armaan would lose out on at IU. It’s a pro system led by a pro coach.  Matta, Kenya, and Fife are in the building too and there’s track record with pros like Conley, Oden, Evan Turner, and Jaren Jackson.  

Every single one of his teammates bought in.  He stands out, alone.  Anyway, the horse is dead.  

I haven't read the line by line of everyone's comments but agree with what you said here. Especially the last part. Every single one of his teammates said yes....which means their family said yes. When a coach goes 5-5 or 7-7 depending on players coming back, coming in....assistants staying or leaving past positions and you have one that says no dice? Seems odd....and the numbers back it up. 

We'll find out down the road I guess.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Glad Franklin made a decision. Based on the timing with Race I'd guess they were give a deadline by CMW. Time to move on. The good news is there are quality players still in the portal.

The best news is we now have a staff that can coach players up instead of standing around with their hands in their pockets saying I dont know why we cant hit open jump shots or make free throws.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I'll bite and do a little speculation.

Bennett offers him a clear starting opportunity.

Woodson is looking to bring new guys in and nothing was guaranteed.

this seems so off to me.  of course you never know, but guaranteeing someone to start just completely takes power of motivation away from a coach.  i think it seems so weird for a college coach to say, "Come to VA and I promise you will start.  If you stay at IU, nothing is guaranteed."  i can't imagine that he was so worried he wouldn't start at IU that he transferred to VA.  is it just me or does that seem weird?  

I was hoping Franklin would come back but I am not going to lose sleep over him leaving.  I want guys who wants to be here and buys into the system.  I think we need to find a 6'6 or 6'7 wing who can really shoot to start at the 3.

PG Johnson.

2G Stewart.

SF ?

PF Race.

C TJD

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was hoping Franklin would come back but I am not going to lose sleep over him leaving.  I want guys who wants to be here and buys into the system.  I think we need to find a 6'6 or 6'7 wing who can really shoot to start at the 3.

PG Johnson.

2G Stewart.

SF ?

PF Race.

C TJD

Hoping Hunter can finally be the player he’s shown flashes of 

My team is on the floor so to speak.  No ill will, just not really invested in players who don't want to be here.  I think we have a coaching staff that is not here to f--- around.  Fife said it earlier this week, we aren't begging dudes to come play for Indiana.

Shout out to Leal, Galloway, Hunter, Phinisee, and Brunk for never being daunted.  Shout out to Stewart, Davis, Lander,  Geronimo, and Thompson for not faltering.

Welcome aboard Johnson.

Have a good life Arnold.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2