Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

Just now, Between2Halls said:

Anyone hearing definitively about Adam Miller to UK? Keep seeing it on Twitter, but not from usual transfer related sources. 

AJ seems to be the only guy saying it....but he would know. That whole transfer still remains as odd as how I feel about Armaan.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

AJ seems to be the only guy saying it....but he would know. That whole transfer still remains as odd as how I feel about Armaan.

Yea I saw him tweet it and a few random UK people. Miller transferring is strange. We live in illannoy and he seemed pretty loved. All the transfer stuff confuses me, but I can’t stop following it. Lol

1 minute ago, Between2Halls said:

Yea I saw him tweet it and a few random UK people. Miller transferring is strange. We live in illannoy and he seemed pretty loved. All the transfer stuff confuses me, but I can’t stop following it. Lol

I have a theory or possible explanation but some fans or fanbases won't embrace. "Some" of these kids are so bent on getting to the league in 2 years they will do whatever is possible. I'll use Illinois as an example. We view Ayo's progression/development as strong and will probably make $ for a long time. "Some" corners of the world view him taking 3 years to get to the league as lack of a development by Underwood.

One of our most valued posters has mentioned this that Underwood rep in Chicagoland circles isn't the best in the player development department. Whether I agree or disagree doesn't matter....it's what recruits and recruits families believe.

Some think it's far fetched. To that I would say yes it is....but so is transferring after starting every single game as a freshman on the best team they've had in decades with certainty of more points/shots,etc...because of departures.

Which theory is crazier? Oh well. Off to gym and Masters coverage. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I have a theory or possible explanation but some fans or fanbases won't embrace. "Some" of these kids are so bent on getting to the league in 2 years they will do whatever is possible. I'll use Illinois as an example. We view Ayo's progression/development as strong and will probably make $ for a long time. "Some" corners of the world view him taking 3 years to get to the league as lack of a development by Underwood.

One of our most valued posters has mentioned this that Underwood rep in Chicagoland circles isn't the best in the player development department. Whether I agree or disagree doesn't matter....it's what recruits and recruits families believe.

Some think it's far fetched. To that I would say yes it is....but so is transferring after starting every single game as a freshman on the best team they've had in decades with certainty of more points/shots,etc...because of departures.

Luke Recker says hello...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I watched a lot of Illini games last year, and Adam Miller would get pulled almost every time he missed a shot...Yet Underwood would pretty much let Curbelo stink it up and play through his mistakes...

By the end of the year, Curbelo had turned into a pretty good point guard...Still had issues with turnovers and his 3 point shooting was abominable (16%) but he was effective going to the hoop and passing...

Makes you wonder why Miller would get the quick hook while Curbelo got a pass... 

• Like 1