Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

We are gonna need someone who can stand up to the likes of Edey. We won’t beat the Smellermakers again next year if Trayce has to guard him for 25-30 minutes 

He won’t have to. Edy avg 14 mins a game last year. He can’t stay on the floor that long. Maybe 20 tops. Woodson will pull him out way on the floor and run a pick n roll all day and expose him away from the basket. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

He won’t have to. Edy avg 14 mins a game last year. He can’t stay on the floor that long. Maybe 20 tops. Woodson will pull him out way on the floor and run a pick n roll all day and expose him away from the basket. 

He won’t have to next year with Tre back. I could see him being in the 20-25 mpg range by his junior year though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

We are gonna need someone who can stand up to the likes of Edey. We won’t beat the Smellermakers again next year if Trayce has to guard him for 25-30 minutes 

If Trayce can hit an 18 footer Edey won't have a shot at guarding him. We need to make other teams adjust to us. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

If Trayce can hit an 18 footer Edey won't have a shot at guarding him. We need to make other teams adjust to us. 

Right. How worried was SE Texas St or whoever beat PU in the tourney of Edey? 

Jesus. Just spread the floor. If Trayce can't shoot... put him in the short corner or ball screen with him. This isn't rocket science. Purdue basically has never hurt us on the offensive end... we try to.match their slowness for some stupid a** reason. Literally do not care about 1 drop step per game that Eudy might score on us. 

I would love to see him consistently have to guard offense with space, though. 

The idea isn't to beat Purdue. The idea is to win in March. It's evident Purdues model isn't that. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Brunk to OSU, imo, is a combination of Holtman originally recruiting him to Butler - and Woodson likely(respectfully) letting him know that he doesn’t fit the mold of what he’s trying to do here... not saying JB couldn’t have been successful, but most likely taking a dive in minutes played being a primary factor. 

46 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

On several of your points but didn’t want to derail the topic tbh. 

You won in March? Nooooope. Do I think Painter is good? Yup. 

Edey is solid.. Purdue bigs in general are solid when you allow them to do what they're comfortable at.. 

Every slow big struggles guarding space. Every single one.

Not sure what you can overly disagree with?   

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 02Hoosier said:

Brunk to Ohio State

Darn. Really liked him. Wish him luck. 

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Man, you may think @iuscott stole and bogarded my account but hear me out. 

My dad taught me to use the glass for 12-15ft shots. 45 degree angles, so think of an arc extending from each end of free throw line. Aim for the top corner of the square on the glass. Practice enough, high percentage mid range bank shot. I practiced so much I could shoot ambidextrous.

What I never could figure out is why I shot free throws better left handed.  But one day at the gun range I did an eye dominance test and figured out I'm right hand dominant but left eye dominant.  

To test that, choose a stationary point, keep both eyes open and put and index finger over it, doesn't matter which one. Then close the left eye, if it shifts you are left eye dominant but if stationary right eye dominant.

I only bring this up because I spent a long time playing basketball a didnt do well with left handed layups.  Just maybe TJD should figure out his dominant eye. It may seem silly but im serious it will definitely help with coordination on those missed layups.  

Also could write and somewhat pitch and hit left handed but cant feed myself left handed.  Which is odd but I am semi ambidextrous as I call it.

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

Me too, I was hitting banks much earlier then basket when I was a kid. My dad would bust our doing long banks and baby hook banks, didn’t beat my dad til probably 17 in horse.

Dads family could all play, three cousins played at Lee College in Breathitt county Ky, oldest went one to coach em for years- State Senator now. 

I was raised in Bremen, had a dirt court for years.

Edited by H00sier
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, H00sier said:

Me too, I was hitting banks much earlier then basket when I was a kid. My dad would bust our doing long banks and baby hook banks, didn’t beat my dad til probably 17 in horse.

Dads family could all play, three cousins played at Lee College in Breathitt county Ky, oldest went one to coach em for years- State Senator now. 

I was raised in Bremen, had a dirt court for years.

My dad loved Kent Benson and was all about the hook shot. 

Side note, my dad played for Switz City HS in the 70's. And was very proud of the game he scored 20 points 5/5 FG 10/10 free throws and 10 rebounds.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Right. How worried was SE Texas St or whoever beat PU in the tourney of Edey? 

Jesus. Just spread the floor. If Trayce can't shoot... put him in the short corner or ball screen with him. This isn't rocket science. Purdue basically has never hurt us on the offensive end... we try to.match their slowness for some stupid a** reason. Literally do not care about 1 drop step per game that Eudy might score on us. 

I would love to see him consistently have to guard offense with space, though. 

The idea isn't to beat Purdue. The idea is to win in March. It's evident Purdues model isn't that. 

100% this.

Trayce doesn't have to make that shot multiple times per game, he has to show he can hit it occasionally so guys guard him.

Basically, I want XJ and Lander running high ball screens with TJD diving hard the majority of the time but we'll be that much better if he can pop sometimes too. Then you have Hunter in the  strong side corner and Stewart rotating to the wing or back up top. It's honestly simple, but really hard to guard with those guys. If we can add one more shooter, all the better. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Darn. Really liked him. Wish him luck. 

Man, you may think @iuscott stole and bogarded my account but hear me out. 

My dad taught me to use the glass for 12-15ft shots. 45 degree angles, so think of an arc extending from each end of free throw line. Aim for the top corner of the square on the glass. Practice enough, high percentage mid range bank shot. I practiced so much I could shoot ambidextrous.

What I never could figure out is why I shot free throws better left handed.  But one day at the gun range I did an eye dominance test and figured out I'm right hand dominant but left eye dominant.  

To test that, choose a stationary point, keep both eyes open and put and index finger over it, doesn't matter which one. Then close the left eye, if it shifts you are left eye dominant but if stationary right eye dominant.

I only bring this up because I spent a long time playing basketball a didnt do well with left handed layups.  Just maybe TJD should figure out his dominant eye. It may seem silly but im serious it will definitely help with coordination on those missed layups.  

Also could write and somewhat pitch and hit left handed but cant feed myself left handed.  Which is odd but I am semi ambidextrous as I call it.

Semi-ambidextrous?  But can't use a fork in your left hand?

I don't know why Joey left IU, and I especially don't know why he would pick Ohio State...I mean, I'm sure he thought his playing time would be cut at IU, but it's not like OSU was starved for post players...

I know Liddell is going to test the NBA waters, but that still leaves Zed Key, Ibrahima Diallo, and Kyle Young as essentially post players. Kinda a crowded front court to transfer into...

• Like 2