Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

18 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

my dad says Bone Hook Grill, Jimmy P, and Doc's all have great burgers in Naples.  i guess those may be more upscale?  have you eaten at any of them?

Docs is one of my favorite places in town to get fried fish, clam strips, shrimp, and scallops! My wife loves their pizza. Burger is good...all food is good in general. We usually go to beach then walk up to eat there or drive a block or two to Coconut Jacks. I also like to eat at the Fish House near if we are boating...just tie off and your immediately seated. I have not ate at bone hook I’ll have to try it....but Jimmy P is very very close to Brooks in quality..great food....can’t go wrong either way! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slojoe said:

So is a team supposed to just recruit players who are only the same or worse than the ones they already have?

Not sure that's what he meant.  I can't speak for Rico directly, but my position is that if you have 13 schollies availble, and all 13 are in use, you should not actively be pursuing someone else to fill a spot that isn't there unless you are 100% certain someone is planning on leaving.

For example, if Brooks told the IU staff today that he wanted to be a Hoosier next year, our staff should not be looking at the end of the bench to determine how to make that happen.  If the staff does not already know a player is planning on leaving, then the message to Brooks should be 'if something opens up'. 

The opportunity for Brooks, or anyone else to be a Hoosier existed until Miller Kopp claimed that last schollie.  The early bird gets the worm so to speak, and should not have to give up that worm just because we like another bird a little better.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Not sure that's what he meant.  I can't speak for Rico directly, but my position is that if you have 13 schollies availble, and all 13 are in use, you should not actively be pursuing someone else to fill a spot that isn't there unless you are 100% certain someone is planning on leaving.

For example, if Brooks told the IU staff today that he wanted to be a Hoosier next year, our staff should not be looking at the end of the bench to determine how to make that happen.  If the staff does not already know a player is planning on leaving, then the message to Brooks should be 'if something opens up'. 

The opportunity for Brooks, or anyone else to be a Hoosier existed until Miller Kopp claimed that last schollie.  The early bird gets the worm so to speak, and should not have to give up that worm just because we like another bird a little better.  

Thank you for speaking for me.  You nailed my thoughts.  

14 hours ago, btownqb said:

You say another bad word about Red Robin and so help me oohhhhhhh fightin words 

They used to have like a buzz cluck and Mac n cheese where the boneless Buffalo chicken was in the Mac n cheese...no longer...it was great! Unfortunately the ones down here (fl) don’t do well and have closed or should(last time I went it was dirty and poor service). Hard for chains to survive down here...just have to be on your A game because people retire or relocate from all over the world and many restaurantours and they get bored and open up down here. Pretty lucky. I will say as far as chains go me and the wife do end up at Pinchers a ton! Nothing fancy but they do their food right!

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Yes both Evansville locations are still open.....

Used to eat there a lot in college. Lived on Green River Rd for a few years. Great greasy burger and chili...good shakes  too. Do they still serve the pb and “jelly” sandwich??? Loved that thing!

image.thumb.jpeg.a32b4634aeb256261df37acb9bee32c8.jpeg

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Used to eat there a lot in college. Lived on Green River Rd for a few years. Great greasy burger and chili...good shakes  too. Do they still serve the pb and “jelly” sandwich??? Loved that thing!

image.thumb.jpeg.a32b4634aeb256261df37acb9bee32c8.jpeg

How much for pb and j?

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm going to continue my rant for a little longer.  A fan can't claim 'Armaan is dead to me' because he chose to play for a coach and not the University, while at the same time hope that the 12th or 13th players on the bench get nudged out to make room for a shiny new toy.  That's hypocrisy at it's greatest if those two players at the end of the bench want to wear candy stripes regardless of who the coach is.  

Keion Brooks had his chance to commit to Indiana (not a coach) 3 years ago,  While he chose to do something else, other kids made that commitment to IU.  If they were all about Archie, then they would have already left like Armaan did.  But, they didn't.  Whoever it is has chosen to stay here up until this point and time even with the coaching change.  

So, don't trash Armaan while, at the same time, hoping one of these other guys is asked to leave.  That isn't right on any level.  If the player takes inventory and decides playing time is more important than wearing the candy stripes, so be it.  I wish him well.  But, if the candy stripes and what they represent are more important to that player, he deserves to keep his spot on the roster.  I don't care if Lebron decided he wanted to be a Hoosier.  That chance was out there for several weeks until Kopp committed. 

I am Rico and I approve this message.