Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

4 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Well look at that. Another weekend has come and gone and Brooks is still at the school down south. What day of the week will he be connected to IU this week lol 

I'm about as skeptical as you but from everything I've heard he is a very good student and is also weighing his NBA options. I'd be shocked if he doesn't at least finish up his semester at UK while continuing to get his draft analysis before making any decision about leaving school. Be tough enough to be the black kid in school that called out the University for having Rupps name on the basketball arena but to add being the kid that did that plus the one that is also transferring to Indiana in the fall and I wouldn't want to go to class after that.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I'm about as skeptical as you but from everything I've heard he is a very good student and is also weighing his NBA options. I'd be shocked if he doesn't at least finish up his semester at UK while continuing to get his draft analysis before making any decision about leaving school. Be tough enough to be the black kid in school that called out the University for having Rupps name on the basketball arena but to add being the kid that did that plus the one that is also transferring to Indiana in the fall and I wouldn't want to go to class after that.

Yeah, I read on one of the boards that he didn't want to be in KY when he announced going to the portal. I think they gave a mid May date. A newer rumor had him staying at UK. I would have loved to have him but I don't want to see anybody forced out to get him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Well look at that. Another weekend has come and gone and Brooks is still at the school down south. What day of the week will he be connected to IU this week lol 

My guess is everything Kentucky related will be on hold for a few days with tragedy of TC. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dgambill said:

I applaud KBJ for talking about Rupp Arena.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

A good year and he could get into their top 5...Don't know what that says about Illinois basketball...

2,129 points is #1 by Deon Thomas.  I figured it would be Eddie Johnson.  Frazier has a legitimate shot to get the record.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

2,129 points is #1 by Deon Thomas.  I figured it would be Eddie Johnson.  Frazier has a legitimate shot to get the record.

He'd have to break their record for points in a season (668)...

Surprised to see that was by a former Pacer...Any guesses?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rico said:

I applaud KBJ for talking about Rupp Arena.  

Definitely not the time and place but man...the SEC country doesn't exactly have a great history on race relations. What...took Rupp almost 20 years after Indiana had their first black player and like 40 after UCLA for Rupp to recruit one...and only after he saw it was basically impossible to avoid it any longer. Probably was no coincidence that it was right after losing in 66 and then watch Lew Alcinder dominate the game for 3 years in a row and then suddenly he lands a 7'2 Tom Payne in 69 (uh huh)?? The guy was at the forefront of the athletics at the University and spent 40 years there and didn't even make an effort until the end when he saw he couldn't win without changing. Can't speak to the man's heart and I'm not here to condemn a man who grew up in a different time but I can see why Brooks might take a moment to think about playing for a University that puts his name on their program. Anyways...definitely a hot topic that would bring intense debate...but certainly like you said worthy of a conversation that Brooks was bring up.

39 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Very well played.

Not Andy but...

My all time favorite episode. My Dad and I loved this one. 1 of the few great memories that I have

Do you guys know about Marilu’s special mental acuity?  She can remember every day of her life.

https://www.brainandlife.org/articles/actress-marilu-henner-has-a-highly-superior-autobiographical-memory-a/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1