Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

On July 1st, states can start to implement the new NIL rules. As of today, I don't believe Indiana has approved this. Of course, several of the SEC states are raring and ready to go...

So, let's say there's a player who can make some serious money from his NIL. What could stop him from giving up his scholarship and paying as a walk-on? Someone like a TJD, who could profit immensely from the NIL rules, and whose family most likely has the means that those dollars aren't life changing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

So his dad took a salary reduction? 

Yeah...some rediculous scenario like that. Let's be honest. Leal is going to be hunting for any minutes he can get....he is going to willingly give up more minutes by letting another player on the team...because he is unselfish?? Compared to Doug who wouldn't be effected in any way. To me it's disrespectful to even approach the topic. Kid's have worked their tails off to earn a scholarship. Passed up one of the most prestigous schools in the country to go here and we say...no...pay your own way and we will see if we can squeeze you in down next to the student manager handing out towels.....yeah not happening.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, cybergates said:

It's an odd dynamic to be looking at people in the portal still with no open spots. I don't know why an IU player would plan on leaving but not be in the portal already allowing other schools/coaches to contact/scout them.

The only thing I could see making sense is the rumor that Leal might go off scholly and pay his own way (at a discount since his parents work for IU). I have no idea if any of that is remotely true.

The player might be waiting until the end of the semester. I think most years that is early May. I don't know if it's the same this year or if the semester is already over.

15 hours ago, Between2Halls said:

568429B5-0B9F-4A1D-8833-B5358867EB79.jpeg

This seems personal to me because Miller was poised to be a leader on a team (w/Curbelo) who is losing major production, shots,etc...no clue what the relationship is between Miller/Underwood but I guess this is just 2021 and kids transfer because of what they want to hear. Maybe he thinks Wade can get him to the league next year and not take the 3 year Ayo route.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This seems personal to me because Miller was poised to be a leader on a team (w/Curbelo) who is losing major production, shots,etc...no clue what the relationship is between Miller/Underwood but I guess this is just 2021 and kids transfer because of what they want to hear. Maybe he thinks Wade can get him to the league next year and not take the 3 year Ayo route.

I think him leaving Illinois had more to do with wanting tomplay PG than anything. 

• Like 2

Miller never showed me anything to suggest he could be a good point guard...His handle wasn't all that good, 25 assists in 31 games aren't PG numbers, and he's not a great defender...I realize he was asked to be a shooting guard for Illinois, but it's not like LSU doesn't have competition at PG and SG for him...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3

Wow...Teddy Allen, formerly of West Virginia, Wichita State, and most recently, Nebraska, gets another shot with New Mexico State. 

When he left Nebraska, I thought it was to explore his pro options, or was that just a story?

He's a dirty player and a messed up kid with a dangerous temper. I guess he'll keep getting chances until he seriously hurts someone...remember the leg-whip he did on TJD?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Wow...Teddy Allen, formerly of West Virginia, Wichita State, and most recently, Nebraska, gets another shot with New Mexico State. 

When he left Nebraska, I thought it was to explore his pro options, or was that just a story?

He's a dirty player and a messed up kid with a dangerous temper. I guess he'll keep getting chances until he seriously hurts someone...remember the leg-whip he did on TJD?

Has anybody told him that McDonald's is hiring?  Just sayin'

• Haha 1