Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

31 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Wow...Teddy Allen, formerly of West Virginia, Wichita State, and most recently, Nebraska, gets another shot with New Mexico State. 

When he left Nebraska, I thought it was to explore his pro options, or was that just a story?

He's a dirty player and a messed up kid with a dangerous temper. I guess he'll keep getting chances until he seriously hurts someone...remember the leg-whip he did on TJD?

Some coaches don't care, they will always put winning above everything else. In the NFL the Seahawks signed Aldon Smith, a person with a terrible history, and as soon as they sign him he gets arrested for second-degree battery. Sometimes the saying "a leopard never changes its spots" is true.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Some coaches don't care, they will always put winning above everything else. In the NFL the Seahawks signed Aldon Smith, a person with a terrible history, and as soon as they sign him he gets arrested for second-degree battery. Sometimes the saying "a leopard never changes its spots" is true.

I believe in 2nd chances and redemption, but there has to be a limit...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I believe in 2nd chances and redemption, but there has to be a limit...

Yep...when a man shows you his character....believe him!

It would take a lot of actions and changes in his behavior before I could believe he has changed his character. Nothing about that man shows me he changed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosier51 said:

Yeah no surprise there. They probably think he will put them over the top for a Final Four now. 😀

I just went over to Rupp Rafters...

One guy said he wouldn't be shocked if CJ was at least an honorable mention AA...The guy averaged 7.5 points a game last year...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I just went over to Rupp Rafters...

One guy said he wouldn't be shocked if CJ was at least an honorable mention AA...The guy averaged 7.5 points a game last year...

Fredrick is a decent player, but he isn't going to move the needle that much for them. I see them missing the tourney again this year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

CJ Fredrick to Kentucky (as anticipated)...

Been in the works since Mid-February. Between Iowa and Illinois...it appears Cal are using those programs as his personal cupboard each night. Weird transfer season for sure. 

I'm planning on at least one transfer every year moving forward...but I'll say the same thing I said last August regarding Ayo and the Illini/Underwood. Ayo not getting to the league in 2 years vs 3 is and will continue to cause problems.

Downside is this. Chicagoland has a few 5 stars coming up. I'd hate to see Cal swoop in hire Chin to secure those but that's what it looks to me. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Kentucky should make the tourney next year.  I love Grady.  Good player.  Add that to the center from WVU and Frederick.  They have a lot more offensive fire power.  They will add a PG as well.  

Who here cares?

(not directed at you Realist) 

Edited by kyhoosier29

2 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Kentucky should make the tourney next year.  I love Grady.  Good player.  Add that to the center from WVU and Frederick.  They have a lot more offensive fire power.  They will add a PG as well.  

I don't see them improving much on this year. Things are starting to go south in Lexington and i see Cal back in the NBA in a couple of seasons.

8 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

I don't see them improving much on this year. Things are starting to go south in Lexington and i see Cal back in the NBA in a couple of seasons.

They lost 7-8 by 3 points or less, with Mintz getting 8-10 more minutes from the 32.5 Boston was wasting and they win 6 of those 8 - conceivable anyway.

No one hates big blew more then me, don’t expect another 15 loss season anytime soon, be happy if I were wrong.

Edited by H00sier
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, H00sier said:

They lost 7-8 by 3 points or less, with Mintz getting 8-10 more minutes from the 32.5 Boston was wasting and they win 6 of those 8 - conceivable anyway.

No one hates big blew more then me, don’t expect another 15 loss season anytime soon, be happy if I were wrong.

Yeah but the thing is they still lost those games,. This is not directed at you personally, but I hate when people say well we only lost by 3 points or less 7-8 times, I tell them who cares you still lost. You weren't good enough to overcome what it takes to win in a close game.

Also Mintz declared for the draft so it isn't 100% that he will be there. 

I personally think things are going south in Lexington, and the natives are going to start getting restless.

With UNC hiring Davis, who in my opinion was an underwhelming hire, and the Wildcats starting to take a step back college basketball is going to be great. Now if ratface would retire it will be glorious lol.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, loviubb said:

You forgot to mention that all this NEVER HAPPENED!!!! Kentuck HAS NEVER DUNE RONG!!! We are the PUREST OF THE BLUE BLOODS!!! My sister and I ARE MARRIED!!!!!😉:rollinglaugh::jumprope:

How did you get blue's login?

Edited by IUaic

I work in Kentucky for a chemical company, and the natives are past restlessness. They are absolutely fed up, and would hire Kenny Payne “right now!” 😂

Look, Frederick adds shooting to an awful group from last season, along with a couple of other “shooters” from the portal…. c’mon guys, that sounds like us the past couple of seasons. We had shooters coming in, but they forgot how to shoot somewhere in transition. Yes, they’ll also add a PG and someone else who can also handle the ball. However, it isn’t going to be an elite PG, most likely a former Crean player at Georgia. This has trouble written all over it, because they’ll sacrifice  some of their athleticism when putting in their new experienced, but slower “shooters.” I don’t know, maybe I’m wrong and thankfully still an Indiana resident, but that’s how my Kentucky(the educated ones) coworkers feel, and me to a larger extent. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kentucky will be better...but Cal will also fall victim to his own success. They expect championships. They expect to win the SEC every year and make final fours. I don't see that happening. The SEC is getting better. The schools have figured out that hey...this basketball stuff makes money too! So they've gone out and hired some better coaches. Some have worked brilliantly like Musselman and Oats...others not (Crean). But almost all the teams are making moves and getting better. UK on the other hand has been doing the freshman thing rinse and repeat start from scratch thing for the last dozen years. When they have had special elite talent like Wall/Cousins or AD or KAT they've done extremely well. When their top kids haven't been those once in a decade type players...they have struggled to get momentum. I look for them to be good...but not great...and a couple more years of that...well it's what have you done lately...and Cal's championship is fading fast.

• Like 3