Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

14 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Been in the works since Mid-February. Between Iowa and Illinois...it appears Cal are using those programs as his personal cupboard each night. Weird transfer season for sure. 

I'm planning on at least one transfer every year moving forward...but I'll say the same thing I said last August regarding Ayo and the Illini/Underwood. Ayo not getting to the league in 2 years vs 3 is and will continue to cause problems.

Downside is this. Chicagoland has a few 5 stars coming up. I'd hate to see Cal swoop in hire Chin to secure those but that's what it looks to me. 

Chin has been hired by UK

F38362F6-2CF6-4812-8C40-7524E60C7904.jpeg

Edited by Between2Halls
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

Chin has been hired by UK

F38362F6-2CF6-4812-8C40-7524E60C7904.jpeg

Crushes UI...definitely helps UK. Cal was like a lost puppy last year with no one to coach his team for him. UI's fall will be just as fast as their rise......if losing Cofi and Ayo didn't tell you something this should....

ABANDON SHIP!!! Underwood is really really going to have to flip the script. What does @BruceDouglas think about all this??

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

Yeah no surprise there. They probably think he will put them over the top for a Final Four now. 😀

More likely to put uk over the foul limit.

Like most on the Iowa teams of late, his offense is only out performed by his lack of defense. The wildcats are looking for shooters as much as IU is, but Cal's best teams were strong on defense. Frederick does nothing to make them better defensively.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Euroclydon said:

More likely to put uk over the foul limit.

Like most on the Iowa teams of late, his offense is only out performed by his lack of defense. The wildcats are looking for shooters as much as IU is, but Cal's best teams were strong on defense. Frederick does nothing to make them better defensively.

Yes...great defense. A dominant low post presence/shot blocker and dynamic point guard that can carve up defenses. Not sure he has any of that. He already has Allen a shooter that can't guard/drive so what will he do with Frederick who knows....Tyler Herro he isn't.

Edited by dgambill

10 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

Yeah but the thing is they still lost those games,. This is not directed at you personally, but I hate when people say well we only lost by 3 points or less 7-8 times, I tell them who cares you still lost. You weren't good enough to overcome what it takes to win in a close game.

Also Mintz declared for the draft so it isn't 100% that he will be there. 

I personally think things are going south in Lexington, and the natives are going to start getting restless.

With UNC hiring Davis, who in my opinion was an underwhelming hire, and the Wildcats starting to take a step back college basketball is going to be great. Now if ratface would retire it will be glorious lol.

Hey man, living in Lexington nothing would make me happier- justice served.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well I’m glad there has never been a camera on me during Archie era...I lost my sh!t a few times watching his offense. 

One of the main reasons I am glad Miller is gone is this was the first season since I have been watching IU play, my first game was the 87 championship game, that I was becoming apathetic towards Hoosiers basketball. I used to lose my shit at times when we played bad, and to be honest it was great lol. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

One of the main reasons I am glad Miller is gone is this was the first season since I have been watching IU play, my first game was the 87 championship game, that I was becoming apathetic towards Hoosiers basketball. I used to lose my shit at times when we played bad, and to be honest it was great lol. 😀

This is so true, I turned off a few games sadly, and was sitting there watching the tube and realized we had a game only to turn it off shortly after tuning in.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1