Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

On 5/9/2021 at 9:26 AM, IUFLA said:

Keeping with their "get older stay older" tradition, Wisconsin picks up 5th year senior 7'1 Chris Vogt from Cincinnati (2 years there and 2 years at Northern Kentucky before that).

Didn't there coach say he hated the portal and wouldn't be taking any kids from it?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Crean has lost his whole team. He won't be there much longer.

Honestly that is a shame. I don’t wish ill on him. He is a nice guy from what I could tell. Has a good eye for talent. Wonder why he is struggling so much down there. I honestly thought kids liked playing for him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Honestly that is a shame. I don’t wish ill on him. He is a nice guy from what I could tell. Has a good eye for talent. Wonder why he is struggling so much down there. I honestly thought kids liked playing for him.

He is an ahole.  Fake.  Most AAU and assistants know his BS.  Puts on a good show when people are around however when they aren’t on or in public ahole comes out 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, IU_Realist said:

He is an ahole.  Fake.  Most AAU and assistants know his BS.  Puts on a good show when people are around however when they aren’t on or in public ahole comes out 

Do you know him? From many on this board he seemed to be a great guy. He took IU all the way back  from shit to #1 in several years. Not trying to argue but he did a lot in My mind for IU. I also thought his time ran out!!! Maybe there are things we don't know about at his present job that we do

He never gave IU a bad thought ( at least in public) after his dismissal. Just would like your thought process.

Edited by loviubb
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Honestly, I don't care about the struggles of Coach Crean.  Sorry, but he's just another coach who's well paid and understands the perils of the profession.  He will be just fine, I'm guessing.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, loviubb said:

Do you know him? From many on this board he seemed to be a great guy. He took IU all the way back  from shit to #1 in several years. Not trying to argue but he did a lot in My mind for IU. I also thought his time ran out!!! Maybe there are things we don't know about at his present job that we do

He never gave IU a bad thought ( at least in public) after his dismissal. Just would like your thought process.

Ask some AAU coaches.  I know some that liked him and when kids didnt go his way...he would be a jerk to them.  Why do you think He threatened Peegs and others in the media about stories they wrote about him.  He has trouble finding assistants when he needs a vacancy because well...assistants talk.  Look up what he said to Donovan Mitchell after he committed to Louisville and some Chicago kids committed elsewhere.  Crean puts on a good act in the media and public.  His bullshit runs thin in the long run with coaches and players. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, IU_Realist said:

Something tells me you are reading everything the "UGA media" is reporting?

9 hours ago, IU_Realist said:

Ask some AAU coaches.  I know some that liked him and when kids didnt go his way...he would be a jerk to them.  Why do you think He threatened Peegs and others in the media about stories they wrote about him.  He has trouble finding assistants when he needs a vacancy because well...assistants talk.  Look up what he said to Donovan Mitchell after he committed to Louisville and some Chicago kids committed elsewhere.  Crean puts on a good act in the media and public.  His bullshit runs thin in the long run with coaches and players. 

Yeah Crean has never handled players well when they committed to other schools. I know of another player he had a colorful phone call with after they chose another school.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Yeah Crean has never handled players well when they committed to other schools. I know of another player he had a colorful phone call with after they chose another school.

Is that really unique to Crean, though?There have been rumors floating around for a while about the phone call Painter had with Collin Hartman after he committed to IU. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, rico said:

Something tells me you are reading everything the "UGA media" is reporting?

I see it because I have a Twitter handle I follow who is pretty much in the know of how Crean acts....loves showing his failures.  If Crean was never repeated again, I would be fine with it.  I am enjoying his failures though.  About time his BS got called out.  

1 hour ago, IU_Realist said:

I see it because I have a Twitter handle I follow who is pretty much in the know of how Crean acts....loves showing his failures.  If Crean was never repeated again, I would be fine with it.  I am enjoying his failures though.  About time his BS got called out.  

Understood and back to the regularly scheduled programming...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Indykev said:

What are we missing about the current roster? Hard talks still being had?

this is very interesting isn't it?  aside from how confused that has me, i get excited to see a 7 footer, but with how the game is played these days, maybe not?  is this a Jeremiah April or Bawa Maniru?

3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

There it is. That was my gut feeling for a long time.

Yep...how long had we been having discussions with guys in the portal or the Wesleyan kid with no scholarships available. Too much smoke. It was a crowded wing situation as it was...I just feel bad we never got to see the real Jerome Hunter...kid had a lot of potential.