Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

I knew it was bad over there but not this bad. I cautioned our little friend who shows from time to time the damage that not getting guys to the league early would have. Anyway. Kofi Cockburn leaving Illinois. Has name in draft still....but if he returns to college it won't be at Illinois. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I knew it was bad over there but not this bad. I cautioned our little friend who shows from time to time the damage that not getting guys to the league early would have. Anyway. Kofi Cockburn leaving Illinois. Has name in draft still....but if he returns to college it won't be at Illinois. 

I think it's pretty clear that the Illinois coach is a douchebag who does little to develop his players.  I'll be shocked if he's there three years from now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I think it's pretty clear that the Illinois coach is a douchebag who does little to develop his players.  I'll be shocked if he's there three years from now.

He's caught in the proverbial Crean trap. Of course at least Crean had SW16's and Big 10 titles to show for it. If the word is out you can't get guys to the league quickly or win with guys that will be in the league....the credibility is gone. Can't develop. Can't win with NBA talent. Tough road ahead for Underwood. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Kevin Obanor entered the portal. 6’8” forward that starred for Oral Roberts in the tourney. Avg 18 and 9 and shot over 40% from 3….he would be a nice get

Sure but there’s no open scholarships and nobody is transferring at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gnet550 said:

Kevin Obanor entered the portal. 6’8” forward that starred for Oral Roberts in the tourney. Avg 18 and 9 and shot over 40% from 3….he would be a nice get

Per 247 via Jeff Goodman...

Per Goodman, those schools include Arizona, Arkansas, Georgetown, Georgia, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Penn State, Texas A&M and Texas Tech, among others. Obanor remains in the NBA Draft for the moment, as does his star teammate Max Abmas.

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wiggins from Maryland is staying in the draft.  Losing him and Morsel really hurts their standing in the big ten.

Yep...getting Ayala back helps, but I thought Wiggins was better on both ends of the floor...

I think how much Donta Scott improves will be the key for the Terps...there were times he looked like he was all B1G, and others where he just disappeared...

Edited by IUFLA