Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I normally would hate seeing guys go to UK, but it would be hysterical to watch the continued migration from UI to UK. 

UK giving pay raises enticing "student-athletes" with their facilities and educational prowess is going to happen anyway.  If it makes those orange and blue bastards cry a little....well, that makes it at least somewhat enjoyable. 

Also, with all this conversation about Cockburn.....what ever happened to old Isaac Haas?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Just think, with the new transfer rule we can look forward to some athletes having public announcements 2 or more times in their career and hyping up each one of those. An initial commitment announcement and then they get to do it again the next year when they transfer after their freshman season. Good news for those that love following recruiting and parsing every word these guys say. Not so great if you find recruitment announcements and the hype leading up to them annoying.

12 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Just think, with the new transfer rule we can look forward to some athletes having public announcements 2 or more times in their career and hyping up each one of those. An initial commitment announcement and then they get to do it again the next year when they transfer after their freshman season. Good news for those that love following recruiting and parsing every word these guys say. Not so great if you find recruitment announcements and the hype leading up to them annoying.

I only hope Kofi recreates the faking out putting on the UI hat only to pick up another. 

• Haha 5

On 7/9/2021 at 1:28 PM, dgambill said:

What a tool Lebron is, so what if the annoucer said his kid might be getting preferential treatment, chances are he was right.

Edited by Hoosier51

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Can’t copy the article but The Athletic has an article today stating it’s between Illinois and Florida State 

I can't imagine where a kid says I want to leave and comes back after already playing at that school for 2 seasons but these are different times. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I can't imagine where a kid says I want to leave and comes back after already playing at that school for 2 seasons but these are different times. 

He’s been in Champagne-Urbana for 2 years and not developed enough to satisfy the talent evaluators, and didn’t get the feedback he wanted to stay in the draft.

For a guy from Jamaica, I can’t imagine how a Midwest winter would come anywhere close to a season in Tallahassee.

Only thing that makes sense to me is that he’s comfortable with the system at Illinois to the point that change isn’t worth it to him 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

He’s been in Champagne-Urbana for 2 years and not developed enough to satisfy the talent evaluators, and didn’t get the feedback he wanted to stay in the draft.

For a guy from Jamaica, I can’t imagine how a Midwest winter would come anywhere close to a season in Tallahassee.

Only thing that makes sense to me is that he’s comfortable with the system at Illinois to the point that change isn’t worth it to him 

Weird part about that is he's been wanting to leave for a year. Now he says I'm out....and if he comes back and all is forgotten? Talk about a coach bent over for a player.

Lots of his points this past year was because of Ayo. They doubled and ball was dropped to him.  Not sure how another season in Champaign is going to improve his draft chances. Oh well. We'll see what happens Friday. Strange circumstances surrounding this whole process....including UK saying via their public chatterbox that Kofi and Cal never even spoke. 

• Like 1