Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

31 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I have to admit if Armaan would happen to choose to transfer to one of Purdue Kentucky or Illinois there is no way I would root for him. Now if he did decide to transfer and it wasn't one of those three schools I would cheer him on wherever it is.

Hopefully none of this matters and he decides to stay. I think he could have a big year for IU next season.

Can guarantee you he won’t transfer to Purdue lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Armaan's choice, but no, I won't root for him at a rival.  Won't wish him harm but I won't wish for success either unless he is involved in pounding a team I detest, like any team Will Wade is coaching.  If he did like Justin and went to Arkansas, I'm watch with some interest but no real attachment.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Can guarantee you he won’t transfer to Purdue lol. 

No doubt. He ain't sitting behind Ivey who will be the focal point of your offense next year. Pick n roll with Williams keeps me up at night...and I'm sure Woody will figure out a solution though.

16 minutes ago, Ferg 32 said:

I just hope we as fans appreciate EVERYONE a little more on this team next year. We will go through some tough times...we will miss shots...but dig down and cheer a little harder for them because these kids have been through a rough time during the Archie Era. And everyone on this team next year....really really wants to be here...not just chose us once...but twice! So lets think long and hard what we think about them as players after all the has transpired. Show them the same love they are showing us by coming back!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Ehh not really. There was the whole will him and Newman play at the same school thing.

I think he could play next to Newman (mostly off the ball player). I can not see Armaan wanting to play off the ball himself though...and we all know Ivey will have the ball a lot and be featured.

• Like 1

Just now, dgambill said:

And Sasha

Boiler can correct me if I’m wrong but Ivey seemed to supplant Sasha down the stretch.  I realize Sasha went into protocol, which set him back, but that seemed to coincide with Ivey blowing up.  Then Sasha’s defensive limitations seemed magnified when you had Ivey becoming a force.  Sasha is a brilliant shooter, though, and Painter will have to finesse all that.   Dakich was extremely critical of Painter for not playing Sasha more in that tournament debacle.  

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Boiler can correct me if I’m wrong but Ivey seemed to supplant Sasha down the stretch.  I realize Sasha went into protocol, which set him back, but that seemed to coincide with Ivey blowing up.  Then Sasha’s defensive limitations seemed magnified when you had Ivey becoming a force.  Sasha is a brilliant shooter, though, and Painter will have to finesse all that.   Dakich was extremely critical of Painter for not playing Sasha more in that tournament debacle.  

Wrong thread

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I just hope we as fans appreciate EVERYONE a little more on this team next year. We will go through some tough times...we will miss shots...but dig down and cheer a little harder for them because these kids have been through a rough time during the Archie Era. And everyone on this team next year....really really wants to be here...not just chose us once...but twice! So lets think long and hard what we think about them as players after all the has transpired. Show them the same love they are showing us by coming back!

I totally agree.  I don’t believe I’ve ever said anything critical of TJD.  I mean, he’s a 20-10 guy who is all IU.  Very good athlete, great hands, etc.  

Everybody knows he needs a jumper.  But to me another thing is he needs better rhythm and moves in the post.  If he’s got a long guy in front of him with hands up, TJD can get stymied because he lacks a visible path.  He’s got to get the defender uncomfortable and guessing by developing moves to get himself a look.  

Watching a lot of the tourney, you could see how out of step we (and others in the B1G) have been playing with two power players crowding the basket.  One of our bigs needs to be able to step out.   You create some room, and hopefully TJD can get to the basket with his athleticism.  Obviously, Woody was talking about him developing his off hand.  (By the way, Jalen Washington would be perfect for what Woody wants).

TJD can hopefully really turn it on next year.  Let’s hope for big success.  It might be that his scoring average goes down a tad and he’s a much better player.  Woody might not force feed him as much as Archie did if we can land a couple of players in the portal.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I think Ivey became the main guy but toward the end Sasha took minutes from Newman. Will be interesting to see next year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think Ivey became the main guy but toward the end Sasha took minutes from Newman. Will be interesting to see next year. 

I can't remember which poster used to always post "who cares?" whenever Boiler posts?  Was Rico the one who was trying to shut the Purdouche talk down recently as well?  

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

So you're agreeing there are already challenges in place when a player challenges, you just want it to be even more cumbersome on college athletes than it is for normal students? I don't get that. 

It's really not that big of a deal for me. I'd have them sit out though. Not overly worried about how fair it is.. and I also wouldn't pay them 🤷‍♂️.

Being an athlete is already a privilege. If it's a little more difficult on them to transfer, I really do not see the big deal, and again.. them sitting out is better than what we have now. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It's really not that big of a deal for me. I'd have them sit out though. Not overly worried about how fair it is.. and I also wouldn't pay them 🤷‍♂️.

Being an athlete is already a privilege. If it's a little more difficult on them to transfer, I really do not see the big deal, and again.. them sitting out is better than what we have now. 

I understand the NIL stuff...I don't understand paying them thing. The price of a college tuition, room and board, training facilities, stippens etc...for 4 years...has to run close to 100-250k. Most g-league contracts wouldn't pay that much. Not counting the value of the degree to life long earnings for the typical athlete who wouldn't/wont play professional sports. I'm not going to derail the thread...besides its so complicated an issue I'm sure I don't understand all the complexities around it but these kids aren't forced to play college basketball. Heck if they don't want to sit a year after transferring they can drop down to like NAIA and play right away correct? They can go overseas. Heck kids can join the g league. Now more than ever kids have options...so I am not sure how they can say they are being abused/taken advantage of. After all...publicity and marketing opportunities that arise from playing college basketball and building your brand and being on national tv and the exposure is a value that NCAA can offer that they couldn't get elsewhere.

• Like 2