Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not a transfer but this thread is getting most eyes. As expected....Kofi Cockburn is leaving Illinois for NBA.

With the players Illinois has lost we will see how good of a coach Underwood is. In my opinion they will struggle big time next season. And if they do I will be extremely happy.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Anyone know if Kofi signed with an agent?

No clue. Someone can else dig up the rules but I believe if he signs with a NCAA approved agent he can still come back.  He and Ayo were both gone last year so we know Ayo is gone...and I doubt Kofi is coming back. Dunking on undersized college kids can't improve his draft status much more.

Tough year for the folks to the West. I know how it was used against Crean after 13. Tough sledding ahead for them for 4-5 reasons. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Here comes the “KBJR to IU” rumors since he is about lose more playing time if the CJ rumors are true

Are we talking about CJ Fredrick from Iowa because how would he effective Brooks minutes.  One is a PG and the other is a stretch 4.  This will really hurt Iowa losing him but he doesn't look like a UK player

• Like 2

Just now, IU Scott said:

Are we talking about CJ Fredrick from Iowa because how would he effective Brooks minutes.  One is a PG and the other is a stretch 4.  This will really hurt Iowa losing him but he doesn't look like a UK player

It really seems like people on the UK side are confident. Apparently CJ’s teammates all unfollowed him and CJ’s uncle said something on FB that he was off to UK. Don’t worry about the KB stuff, he isn’t leaving UK.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Why exactly is Fredrick leaving Iowa?  More PT?  LOL

He will stand in the corner and wait for the kick out to hit shots.   Calipari is finally figuring out that dribble driving into traffic does not work that great if the talent on your team cannot buy a bucket from deep.  See also, Indiana.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

This isn't about depth and competing, it's about us playing a style that he doesn't fit. 

Joey isn't a plus at a single thing we will be asking our bigs to do. 

I don't think anyone would argue that Joey is a "perfect fit" for the offense Woody proposes to play...

But I think we do need another big, especially one that can come in off the bench and give good minutes against guys like The Big Kid at Michigan, and Williams and Edey at Purdue. Joey would have been useful there...TJD can't go 40 minutes a game...

But the bigger point was, I'm not sure why he would pick OSU...They already have front court depth, and I'm not sure how many minutes he'll be getting there, either...I understand the relationship with Holtmann, but I think there's more to it than that...

• Like 1