Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

8 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

!!!!! CJ Fredrick has entered the transfer portal 

He's been linked to Kentucky since Mid-February. Getting to the point where why should there be rules....or tampering rules. Don't care much about Iowa and obviously not much for UK either.....but this system is absolutely broken.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He's been linked to Kentucky since Mid-February. Getting to the point where why should there be rules....or tampering rules. Don't care much about Iowa and obviously not much for UK either.....but this system is absolutely broken.

Heard a coach say that by time a player hits the portal it's too late to even get involved.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Heard a coach say that by time a player hits the portal it's too late to even get involved.  

Coaches not only have to recruit hard for 22/23 classes....now they better be recruiting their own players all year too. Some of these transfers just don't make any sense to me at all.

Oh well I guess. Woodson just needs to build a program so if anyone wants to leave they should do a psych evaluation.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think you make some good points for sure. The Purdue team this year certainly didn’t have the quickness/ability to guard in space like past Purdue teams have had. Didn’t have a lockdown defender like Eastern either. I think that’s certainly a factor in the FF drought but luck and injuries have to get lumped in there too. That UVA shot was a one in a 100 type play. Unfortunately (at least during Painter’s tenure), the majority of his teams that had the potential to make deep tourney runs (Hummel twice and Haas) were derailed because of injury. I realize injuries happen to everyone but just stating what has happened over the past 10+ years. 

The "one in a 100" UVA shot came after a game where a "one in a 100" foul call gave Edwards 3 FTs (hit 2) to force OT after probably a missed 5 sec call and Kline had a once in a lifetime game where Steph Curry possessed him. Luck or lack of it goes both ways.

• Like 1

• bluegrassIU changed the title to Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.