Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

59 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Pretty sure Race and XJ are both seniors that would have to apply for an extra year. 

Eligibility-wise this team has no seniors so everyone has 2+ seasons left they can play. Since this past season didn't consume eligibility, they would receive that extra year. 

That said, TJD will be gone. We're lucky he was able to be convinced to come back for next year.

XJ and Thompson will have played 4 seasons of college ball and decide that is enough.

Others may transfer for various reasons.

So there could be a lot of turnover but right now, just looking at eligibility, the roster for next year is full.

3 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Eligibility-wise this team has no seniors so everyone has 2+ seasons left they can play. Since this past season didn't consume eligibility, they would receive that extra year. 

That said, TJD will be gone. We're lucky he was able to be convinced to come back for next year.

XJ and Thompson will have played 4 seasons of college ball and decide that is enough.

Others may transfer for various reasons.

So there could be a lot of turnover but right now, just looking at eligibility, the roster for next year is full.

That's not how I understand the rule but okay, it's more or less semantics anyway. 

My understanding is everyone is eligible for an extra year, not that last year didn't count. 

10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Purdue is probably a top 20-25 program historically. Not elite but solid historically. 

Solid fits them perfectly. If their two greatest coaches of all time had gotten them to a final four they might be top 20. 

Painter has the players returning and coming in that he has no excuse to not do better in the tourney. It would be a bad look if he fails the next couple of years in the tourney.

Edited by Hoosier51

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

That's not how I understand the rule but okay, it's more or less semantics anyway. 

My understanding is everyone is eligible for an extra year, not that last year didn't count. 

Well, in that case, a guaranteed approval of their application for an extra year. Better? They're guaranteed to be able to play 2 more seasons of college ball if they want to.

IU in final 3 for Miller Kopp

Northwestern 6-foot-7 transfer Miller Kopp is focused on three main schools and is close to a decision on where he will next play college basketball, he tells Peegs.com.

Kopp is looking at Indiana, Utah and Oregon State.

“Throughout this whole process, I’ve had probably 20 or so schools that have reached out and recruited me. I’ve kind of trimmed my list to Oregon State, Utah and Indiana,” Kopp said. “Those are the schools that are super serious about me and vice versa.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

IU in final 3 for Miller Kopp

Northwestern 6-foot-7 transfer Miller Kopp is focused on three main schools and is close to a decision on where he will next play college basketball, he tells Peegs.com.

Kopp is looking at Indiana, Utah and Oregon State.

“Throughout this whole process, I’ve had probably 20 or so schools that have reached out and recruited me. I’ve kind of trimmed my list to Oregon State, Utah and Indiana,” Kopp said. “Those are the schools that are super serious about me and vice versa.”

I believe our first game against them at home he lit us up

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

We are staying at Caribbean Resort in Navarre beach,  how about you

Sandpiper Cove in Destin. That's where we always stay. We're rolling in on the 2nd, and leaving on the 6th. I'll be in Navarre at least one evening for BBQ at a friend's house.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I will be in Hilton Head in August.  Was supposed to go last year but got cancelled.  Also I will put it here but I finally found a job and I start on May 3rd.  I will be a courier for Quest Diagnostics on Indy.

Congratulations on the new job!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I will be in Hilton Head in August.  Was supposed to go last year but got cancelled.  Also I will put it here but I finally found a job and I start on May 3rd.  I will be a courier for Quest Diagnostics on Indy.

Great news about the job.  You’ve been through a lot.  You deserved some good news.  Although we all knew it was a matter of time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Great news!  Hope you are happy with your new job and wish you well. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also received my second vaccine shot today

• Like 5

• bluegrassIU changed the title to Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.