Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I like listening to baseball but not basketball and football

Maybe you can stream it on your phone lol!! Congrats nevertheless! We’ve all been there. I lived out of market for most my adult life. At least we have sucked for most of it. Now with streaming I can finally enjoy...and hopefully we get again.

Edited by dgambill

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Saw where Harrar is coming back to PSU

Seems like the demand in the portal is for scorers/shooters. Big premium...bigs don't seem to be getting as much love and attention. It is almost like the game is moving away from bigs. Imagine one day where anyone over 6'8 won't be able to get a scholarship lol. j/k

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Penn State's Izaiah Brockington (6'4 guard) enters the portal...Averaged 13 ppg, 5 rpg, and 2 apg last year...Not a good outside shooter, but really good mid-range/drive to the hoop game...

I thought he already entered the Portal and decided to come back

Now that the dust has settled I'm feeling a little bit of a let down.

It was nice having positive news breaking for IU virtually every day or two. You start to expect something good is about to be announced. I still think it's possible the roster could change but for now it's nice to see IU set with coaches and players while other programs are still scrambling.

What I hope to hear in the coming weeks...

* Possibly add another big who fits the system for next season, even though it means someone would have to leave

* Announce changes to future non-conference scheduling with more top tier teams being added

* Add a 2022 or 2023 top recruit

• Like 1

Just now, DC2345 said:

He entered the portal on March 16. Then pulled his name out. Then he entered his name in it again today. 

That's what I thought, but the article I cited was from today, and it says he's staying...

"The 6-4 Brockington, who began his career at St. Bonaventure, was second on the Lions in scoring (12.6 points per game) and rebounding (4.9) while shooting a team-best 84.1% on free throws. When he announced his return to the program on March 26, he wrote on Twitter he would “test the NBA draft process for feedback on my game.”

"Then he added, “Following my meeting with Coach Shrewsberry, I really believe in the vision he has for this program and feel we can do something special.”

• bluegrassIU changed the title to Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.