Jump to content

Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.


Recommended Posts

The fact that 2 recruits and 1 player from prior regime are saying yes right away tells me nobody wants to not be sitting in a chair when the music stops.

Obviously we'll lose a guy here or there but Stewart, Logan, CJ....good day all around. Jerome already said time to let it fly. Seems Coach Woodson has a message that the kids are taking. We won't know on TJD for awhile but curious what Lander and Armaan do now. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

The fact that 2 recruits and 1 player from prior regime are saying yes right away tells me nobody wants to not be sitting in a chair when the music stops.

Obviously we'll lose a guy here or there but Stewart, Logan, CJ....good day all around. Jerome already said time to let it fly. Seems Coach Woodson has a message that the kids are taking. We won't know on TJD for awhile but curious what Lander and Armaan do now. 

I'm really hoping Lander, Armaan, and TJD come back. I especially think Lander will flourish next season.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I'm really hoping Lander, Armaan, and TJD come back. I especially think Lander will flourish next season.

Lander jumped in right away on twitter too liking Stewart coming back. We'll see I guess. I still want us to hit the portal hard and that will make some calls tough....but we'll see. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great news I was really hoping he would stay!  Come on home guy’s let’s all come home and do what you came to IU to do! Put us on the map and go play at the next level.

You now have a coach who has played an coached in the NBA! I can help teach you what you need to know to make the next level. You already have time invested in IU comeback and finish what you started! Cause now it can be a two way street!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Any word on Race? 

Nothing yet. Really like him and want him back....but in any transition we'll lose 1-2. Hope it's not him but can't fault a kid for looking elsewhere too. Especially if his style doesn't fit. 

One other thing about those returning. Kenya Hunter is plenty big. Had to be weird for him. Archie brought me in. He was fired....sorry coach I'm staying with the new regime. Had it happen to me once professionally. We never looked at each other the same way ever again. 

Edited by Seeking6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Go__Hoosiers said:

We can keep all of our current players and still add a few from the transfer portal, right? Benefitting from Archie being unaware he had 13 scholarships to offer.

How CMW uses his scholarships will be very interesting. Obviously comparing an NBA bench and college bench are apples to oranges, but does anyone know how he has used his rotations in the past? Does he ride or die with 7 or 8, or use more?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Really want all our guys back. Only player I thought had run their course. Think it was best for both parties. 
 

That being said.  We absolutely need to have 13 scholarship players next year.  14 if Brunk returns 

Just heard on Kent Sterlings youtube video today that supposedly Brunk has told CMW he will be back for a 6th year......

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

How CMW uses his scholarships will be very interesting. Obviously comparing an NBA bench and college bench are apples to oranges, but does anyone know how he has used his rotations in the past? Does he ride or die with 7 or 8, or use more?

Looking at his Knick days, he had 11 players that averaged at or really close to 20 mpg...So it looks like he goes deep...

But that's also the Pros, so that might not mean much...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Just heard on Kent Sterlings youtube video today that supposedly Brunk has told CMW he will be back for a 6th year......

I’m a lot less worried about our Big man depth if we can keep him and TJD.  
 

Honestly I’ve always like our guys and mostly just think their system was junk.  We need to improve guard play but an impact transfer or two and getting out guys out of the portal could be huge. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • bluegrassIU changed the title to Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...