Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

We are discussing entering the transfer portal from one burger joint to another. I also say 5 guys

There use to be a place in Bedford called Pleaser...i swear the double cheeseburger was the best i ever had..they always put it in a plastic bag and the heat from the burger would melt the cheese and steam the bun...great way to end the night after watching Damon torch the nets for 35..🤣

33 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Well, burgers are great but I had an amazing piece of lightly blackened snapper tonight and would have fish every day if I could.

5 Guys is good but old school would be a Big Boy if they exist where you live. Highly underrated.

And for Boiler, who must not get out much, “Penguin Point is a people pleasing place.”

Where is it? Haha

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

Mostly northeast Indiana. I think there’s still at least 1 in Fort Wayne.  

I was pumped to find one in Louisville but it’s closed since. 

Just found out the other day that Columbia City has a Penguin Point again. When I was a kid, we had one in C-City but it closed a long time ago and became an Arby's. I don't even remember eating there but I suppose I'll try it one day lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Just found out the other day that Columbia City has a Penguin Point again. When I was a kid, we had one in C-City but it closed a long time ago and became an Arby's. I don't even remember eating there but I suppose I'll try it one day lol.

Yep.  The Point went into the old Hardee's in Columbia City.

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

The world is going on in this thread... agree is way more expensive though lol

I don't get to Glenbrook in Fort Wayne at all.  That is where the only Red Robin is...I guess there is one at Notre Dame as well.  That be the only 2 around me.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

They just put one in North Manchester and I have to say I am not a big fan of it. 

Hmmm, still have a penguin point in Plymouth , Bremen had one in early 90’s til who knows, last time I made it up after 98, it was closed seems like, my dad wasn’t a huge take out guy, when we got the Point or McDonald’s from South Bend us kids where on cloud nine. 

Edit, I’d pay good money for one of their burgers and fry’s, but stuff is never as good as it seemed when we were kids.

Edited by H00sier

2 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I really hate seeing another player leave and I won’t speculate publicly but I will say publicly that I hope it isn’t brooks coming in if there is movement 

Brooks is an interesting kid, from looking outside the kid wanted to be a hoosier.  Dad, had other thoughts and tidbits suggest Shilling didn't help much there.  Second chance?  New life brings a new game - not saying dame player but look at past UK transfers that took off at Michigan, UCLA and others.  Those two programs are not one ball one player programs.  Brooks can bring a new dynamic on Defense.

And, I would bet roster movement doesn't end there.  Possible scholarship to walk-on?  Possible graduation?  Possible transfer? New demands, new style and a world portal for recruiting has opened up.  Competition changes perspectives.

59 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Thought on who??....Ive heard Hunter 🤷‍♂️

This is where this whole process becomes uncomfortable to me.  I realize that as we add players and someone's projected playing time changes, it could cause a player to rethink his situation.  You simply can't play 13 people extended minutes.  But, I hope that if any of the remaining players do leave, it's for a better opportunity.  I hope they aren't leaving because they don't feel wanted any longer.  

• Like 8

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

This is where this whole process becomes uncomfortable to me.  I realize that as we add players and someone's projected playing time changes, it could cause a player to rethink his situation.  You simply can't play 13 people extended minutes.  But, I hope that if any of the remaining players do leave, it's for a better opportunity.  I hope they aren't leaving because they don't feel wanted any longer.  

It's the choice of the player there, especially under IU's code.  But, either you compete for your share or you find somewhere else that would provide it for you.  

56 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't like "recruiting over" players.  

• Like 2

• bluegrassIU changed the title to Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.