Candidate thread: TERI MOREN

Proven winner, can build a hustle-based culture, has the art of the mid range jumper, and the team she has embraces a certain “#LEO” mentality that another young and upcoming team has...

And Im only saying this half-jokingly but would be intrigued by something like this if it were even possible to coach two major programs in one season (which it is entirely not possible)

Edited by ClusterHead
Autocorrect is a harsh mistress

3 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Two questions: in your mind, can a good coach become great? And is the path to "greatness" a linear, smooth line/trajectory without setbacks?

I think that deep in your career... you are what you are. I also think in game coaching is widely overrated. 

And nope.. definitely going to have to overcome some obstacles. 

TM has my full support. 

I have a LOT of respect for her.  On Saturday, she was baited by a reporter about the so-called inequalities and sexism between the men's and women's tournaments.

The reporter clearly wanted her to be a victim.

Her awesome reply: 

"It has not impacted us a bit.  I'm not gonna complain because that would be a waste of time, and it would take us away from the opportunity to talk about this basketball team and this great tournament that we're in."

"We're not gonna complain; we're gonna talk about how grateful we are to be here."

That's leadership.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

I have a LOT of respect for her.  On Saturday, she was baited by a reporter about the so-called inequalities and sexism between the men's and women's tournaments.

Her awesome reply: 

"It has not impacted us a bit.  I'm not gonna complain because that would be a waste of time, and it would take us away from the opportunity to talk about this basketball team and this great tournament that we're in."

"We're not gonna complain; we're gonna talk about how grateful we are to be here."

That's leadership.

Like that response a lot.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ClusterHead said:

Proven winner, can build a hustle-based culture, has the art of the mid range jumper, and the team she has embraces a certain “#LEO” mentality that another young and upcoming team has...

And Im only saying this half-jokingly but would be intrigued by something like this if it were even possible to coach two major programs in one season (which it is entirely not possible)

Plus she’s a Purdue grad so you know she’s legit. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/27/2021 at 11:48 PM, Madison22 said:

Her awesome reply: 

That's leadership.

That is fantastic. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Lost to Seymour my Jr year in high school football.  We were ranked #2 and they were #3.  Took them to OT.  They had Micheal Batts i believe (RB) who ended up at IU.  They went unscored on after us all the way to state were they lost to Hobart in the Dome.  Should have been us that year.  Not sure how we had to travel to them when we had the better record and ranked higher but oh well.  Lost opportunity for me and my school to make a big run.  Still remember the bus ride up and then home after losing that game.  Cost our coach his job that year for blowing it.

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Lost to Seymour my Jr year in high school football.  We were ranked #2 and they were #3.  Took them to OT.  They had Micheal Batts i believe (RB) who ended up at IU.  They went unscored on after us all the way to state were they lost to Hobart in the Dome.  Should have been us that year.  Not sure how we had to travel to them when we had the better record and ranked higher but oh well.  Lost opportunity for me and my school to make a big run.  Still remember the bus ride up and then home after losing that game.  Cost our coach his job that year for blowing it.

I'm from Brownstown, I would have been rooting for you. I was like 2 then, I believe. My cousin was on that team though. Batts was a stud.