Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

i think BGleas may be the unanimous most popular poster on the board.  that said it doesn't always mean that when he speaks that is the end of the conversation.  i am out of this topic bc the NBA really makes me want to puke.  i am not making up the fact that all of my friends, colleagues, acquaintances feel the same.  i acknowledge that is a small sampling size of the world.  i know BGleas and KoB think it's great.  i get it.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i think BGleas may be the unanimous most popular poster on the board.  that said it doesn't always mean that when he speaks that is the end of the conversation.  i am out of this topic bc the NBA really makes me want to puke.  i am not making up the fact that all of my friends, colleagues, acquaintances feel the same.  i acknowledge that is a small sampling size of the world.  i know BGleas and KoB think it's great.  i get it.  

I know absolutely nobody that likes the NBA, but I live in NKY. I’m sure the large markets soak it up. I’d be interested in knowing the population breakdown (age, race) of the large markets as well (could research it but don’t have time). Would assume certain subsets are prevalent in each, meaning I would bet it’s prob a combination of things..... presence of an NBA team, fact that larger populations of younger people statistically live in the city and are drawn to it, and fact that the black community is larger in these areas and connect to the NBA since the majority of players are black. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 3:29 PM, NCHoosier32 said:

i absolutely hate this.  big fan of tradition.  big fan of having INDIANA on the front.  trying to think of another school that has their city on the front.  it kind of makes me think we have to advertise we are IU - Bloomington instead of IU Kokomo or something?  hate it.  

Memphis? Syracuse?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

My brother's family and 2 truck stops.  

Also now one of Fuzzy Zeller's golf courses 

There was an antique mall with a car museum and live music in the back place there a couple years ago.   Not sure if it's there now but it was right off the Interstate.

Go Hoosiers!!!

19 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I have recently stepped back from the NBA for about a hundred reasons, my schedule being #1. I have a contingent of about 6 really good friends, they all are very, very much into the NBA. Only 2 of those 6 watch college, at all. 1 of those is a Duke fan, 1 is an IU fan. 4 of those 6 are Pacer fans, ones a Bucks fan (orginally from WI) and ones a Laker fan (bandwagon). 

Facebook friends.. lots of NBA fans, as well. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I didn't see the posts saying go back to Woodson, my apologies. We are going to play a much more NBA style of offense, we are also going to be FAR better defending ball screens, we will also have the ability to defend ball screens a multitude of ways. 

Yeah, the thread has veered a tad off course.

Explain to me what an NBA style of offense is.  Seems like what little I watch of it there is a lot of iso or two man game with lots of kick outs to open shooters.