Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

With a 1 1/2 year old....give it another 6 months and I bet he is ready to go back to work! I love my little girl but wow are two year olds a handful!! lol

I have one myself and dear lord she thinks she rules the roost and demanding beyond belief! I love her beyond measure but man she is a Minnie me version of her mother and she has no filter to understand when to turn the demanding off. I was actually thinking the same thing. Wait until he has a 2 year old. He'll change his mind quickly!

• Haha 1

Decided to watch one of coach Woodson's games and decided for the 1980 game at home vs OSU.  It was the final game of the season with these two tied for first. IU won by 3 in OT with Woodson leading the team in scoring.  IU only played 6 guys the whole game and 3 if their starters played the whole 45 minutes 

• Like 1

I am wondering what kind of rotation Woodson will have.  I hope it is not the traditional NBA rotations where you play your bench ad a unit. Usually after 8-9 of the first quarter they sub in 4 or 5 bench players and they play at least half  way through the 2nd quarter. The same for the second half but don't know how that would work in the college game.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am wondering what kind of rotation Woodson will have.  I hope it is not the traditional NBA rotations where you play your bench ad a unit. Usually after 8-9 of the first quarter they sub in 4 or 5 bench players and they play at least half  way through the 2nd quarter. The same for the second half but don't know how that would work in the college game.

It wouldn't work as you describe it, because, well, there's no 2nd quarter :D 

*Disclaimer: Before @NCHoosier32 gets his knickers in a twist, I'm only funning @IU Scott a bit...

• Haha 1

Go the hockey route.  Have 3 periods.  Each could be 13 minutes and 20 seconds to add up to 40 minutes.  Can you imagine the chaos as the coaches tried to figure out when to bench a guy after his 2nd or 3rd foul?  :coffee:

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well the women's ay 10 minute quarters and have a media timeout at the 5 minute mark of each quarter and at the end of the quarters

So right now they have them at under 16, 12, 8, and 4, as opposed to 1st quarter 5 minute, end of 1st, 2nd quarter 5 minute, then...halftime...

Here are the current rules...

Basketball
College men: At the first dead ball after 4-minute intervals (beyond the 16:00, 12:00, 8:00, and 4:00 minute mark of each half). Additionally, the first 30-second team timeout in the second half is expanded to a television timeout. If free throws are to be shot, a timeout is taken first. Effective with the 2015–16 season, when a team calls a timeout within the 30-second window before the next scheduled TV timeout break, the called timeout takes the place of the scheduled TV timeout. A similar rule in the NBA is used when a 20-second timeout is called but a team's mandatory timeout point has been reached.
College women and FIBA: Media timeouts are taken at the first dead ball after the 5:00 mark in each quarter. Any called timeout before the 5-minute mark of a quarter becomes the media timeout. Organizers have the option in FIBA play to implement a television timeout at the next dead ball following the same point.

I do know this...They aren't going to cheat advertisers out of any time no matter what they do...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The only reason they do that Is because the NBA season is like 3-4 times longer than college and they need to conserve the guys. Our rotations won’t look like that. 

• Like 4