Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

On 4/6/2021 at 6:00 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

And if it goes well, we have Fife in waiting and we will never have to mention Brad’s name again in a coaching search other than to laugh at the past. I always thought Brad was beyond reproach and an impeccable character. But that Masshole thing was so abnormal and bizarre, it’s nice to see he can crack too and he’s human.  But I can’t see his name coming up again, which will be a huge plus.  

How many times does BS have to spurn our BornHoosiers program to draw the line in hate and make it personal??  He has literally laughed at this program time and time again and at our lowest moments for me to wish him the worst as a head coach.  I hope he never sniffs success again at any level but that is just me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

44 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

How many times does BS have to spurn our BornHoosiers program to draw the line in hate and make it personal??  He has literally laughed at this program time and time again and at our lowest moments for me to wish him the worst as a head coach.  I hope he never sniffs success again at any level but that is just me.

Honestly... When did he ever disrespect us?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't think he disrespected us but if I was in charge (and I am not) I will never give him another chance to turn us down, especially if the rumors are true about the amount of money he was offered to come to Indiana. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

How about every time we were at our all time low as a program and reached out to him to bring us back to the promise land only to be spurned????  Was this 3 times now I lost count honestly?  I said to my faithful Hoosier fan that this last time around rumors seems different as his NBA dream is crashing and this may be the perfect storm but after the rumors my heart quickly got broken again and I swear to never let that happen again.  Brad Stevens ship has sailed as far as a Hoosier coach and I could care less if he ever has success again.  I mean we reached out at least the last 3 times only to get that he is not interested in the IU job when we needed it most.  If not now, then NEVER and i hope we never offer him again out of spite.  JMO as a BORN HOOSIER!

1 hour ago, iuvol said:

I don't think he disrespected us but if I was in charge (and I am not) I will never give him another chance to turn us down, especially if the rumors are true about the amount of money he was offered to come to Indiana. 

After 3 attempts, I thought bullheadedness and stubbornness would reside as I thought I read that IU was his dream job at some point in his life??  But after multiple yr failures in the NBA with what some would say a competent team I thought Coach Brad Stevens would consider going back to College where he actually belongs and had success.  I know the IU position isn't as attractive today as yesterday but with his college resume at a little school like Butler, I hoped he would accept the challenge to lead us to the promise land??  I dont care what he says about IU being his dream job, he has turned us down 3 times in a row and we continue to reach out which I dont understand.  What is his problem with IU that we dont see behind the scenes?  Is he scared that he will be a fraud??  I dont get it? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

Interesting that he mentioned Franklin leaving is a loss but didn't bring up Al.

I noticed that as well. I think it may have been because Durham was leaving no matter what while Franklin considered staying but ultimately left. So, in a sense, he lost Franklin but not Durham. That's how I took it, at least.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I noticed that as well. I think it may have been because Durham was leaving no matter what while Franklin considered staying but ultimately left. So, in a sense, he lost Franklin but not Durham. That's how I took it, at least.

Plus Durham had already graduated and played 4 full years.