Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

10 hours ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Randle with a huge game, giving his signed jersey to CMW. 

Randle quickly became my favorite Kentucky player, slightly ahead of Richie Farmer and Travis Ford.  @kyhoosier29 I'll take free recruiting videos from NBA players.  I also grew up around Kentucky people as a kid.  That explains my slight affection for the nerdy white guys that played for UK back in the day.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Randle quickly became my favorite Kentucky player, slightly ahead of Richie Farmer and Travis Ford.  @kyhoosier29 I'll take free recruiting videos from NBA players.  I also grew up around Kentucky people as a kid.  That explains my slight affection for the nerdy white guys that played for UK back in the day.  

I grew up around all UK fans as well, and I hate UK (I’m convinced) even more for it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I grew up around all UK fans as well, and I hate UK (I’m convinced) even more for it.

Yep.  Have a deep hatred for then now.  I have to work hard to not let it ruin my relationships.  My old aunt's and uncles have no clue what I'm talking about when I call out PayPal Cal.  Their brains can't compute.  Now my cousin who was a huge sports guy and wrote for courier journal.  He knows but doesn't care.  Just laughs.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

My greatest hope is that we rekindle the rivalry, and in the first game, Woody slaps Cal in the back of the head ala RMK and Joe B (Hey Joe! What does the B stand for?) Hall...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, JABBATHEHOOSIER said:

You and me both.

Make me a third, lived in Lexington 30 years or so, which basically was same time period when IU dropped.

Gotta wonder what would have happened had we gotten Coach after Sampson, I’m aware he’s yet to coach a game for us, but by all accounts his first month has been stellar.

Edited by H00sier
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

My greatest hope is that we rekindle the rivalry, and in the first game, Woody slaps Cal in the back of the head ala RMK and Joe B (Hey Joe! What does the B stand for?) Hall...

I think the other guy he did it to was Alford.  Something very similar when he was at Iowa.  Snuck up behind him through the chairs on the bench and freaked Steve out.  But RMK was very friendly at that moment with the cameras rolling. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, SpiderMonkey said:

That video says a lot. Not sure I have seen joy and love from all the players to a coach like that before. 

Quite a contrast between the players' affection for MW and our players' show of affection of Archie...or lack of any. That is what I took away most from Archie's first senior night. I'm not sure if any of the seniors actually thanked Archie personally and there was hardly a fist bump.

Woodson is embracing these young men. Many allowed him to pull their head onto his shoulder, which is parent or grandparent-like in affection. Pretty awesome! 

Edited by INDenizen
  • Like 3

On 4/21/2021 at 11:37 PM, SpiderMonkey said:

Randle with a huge game, giving his signed jersey to CMW. 

Woody is one smart cookie...

Just happens to go to a Knicks game...

Just happens to go out on the floor and meet players who love him...

Just happens there's someone nearby with a video recording device...

Just happens that the video makes it to twitter...

Think that won't impress a few 17-18 year old kids?

"See that, Jalen Washington?"

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Agree.  It’s awesome.   You can see the genuineness of the players.  Honestly, we are impressed but it is no little thing.  It says tons about the man. 

I like Woody too! He gives me a Leonard Hamilton vibe. If his coaching transition can be similarly successful I really think the sky is the limit for our program!

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Woody is one smart cookie...

Just happens to go to a Knicks game...

Just happens to go out on the floor and meet players who love him...

Just happens there's someone nearby with a video recording device...

Just happens that the video makes it to twitter...

Think that won't impress a few 17-18 year old kids?

"See that, Jalen Washington?"

Just happens to talk about himself in 3rd person....lol

It's so weird....I will end up loving and forgiving it or if things don't go well it will cause me  great irritation lol. Hopefully I love him lol!

On 4/13/2021 at 12:38 AM, KoB2011 said:

Honestly... When did he ever disrespect us?

Maybe not disrespect in most eyes but to me by turning down this job 3 different times at our all time low as a program and this coming from an INDIANA guy who was on record to say that coaching IU is a dream job?  We all know he has what it takes to hang #6, 7 & possibly 8 banners but for some reason keeps turning down the job and even more frustrating we keep reaching out to him each time is so frustrating.  $10 MIL per season could not convince him here and I can't get over why.

• Confused 1