Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

50 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

True but for the most part they are all highly talented players.  College might have 1 of them on a team and rest are usually never going to make it to the NBA.  Its just not the same game either direction you go.  And we never take in to account the officiating or whatever they call it at the NBA level that allows for so much more everything.

I agree about the talent of the players, I actually completely disagree on the officiating. College basketball officials are the absolute worst and let a significant amount more go and have way more inconsistencies game to game and even play to play. 

I'm not even sure what NBA officials let go. They have a gather step in the NBA and college doesn't have that at this time, so they're not letting anymore travels go than college they just have a different rule. 

34 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

What do you mean they get away with everything lol

There are 1200+ NBA games every year, not including the playoffs. Of course you can pull clips of missed call, but you can do that in any sport. 

I don't even see how it is debatable which level of basketball has better officiating though. 

11 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree about the talent of the players, I actually completely disagree on the officiating. College basketball officials are the absolute worst and let a significant amount more go and have way more inconsistencies game to game and even play to play. 

I'm not even sure what NBA officials let go. They have a gather step in the NBA and college doesn't have that at this time, so they're not letting anymore travels go than college they just have a different rule. 

Oh i agree that College officials are terrible but i think its more because they want to be to much in the game.  Where as i feel and i will admit i don't watch NBA regularly, let so much go.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

There are 1200+ NBA games every year, not including the playoffs. Of course you can pull clips of missed call, but you can do that in any sport. 

I don't even see how it is debatable which level of basketball has better officiating though. 

Your joking right? The NBA officiating is terrible, and these clips are just a few. Things like this happen in every game.

To be fair college basketball and especially the B1G officiating is terrible also.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Your joking right? The NBA officiating is terrible, and these clips are just a few. Things like this happen in every game.

To be fair college basketball and especially the B1G officiating is terrible also.

No, I'm not joking. The NBA is not poorly officiated. Of course they miss calls, that's going to happen in any sport, but I very rarely watch an NBA game and feel as if the officials determined the outcome. I frequently feel that way watching college basketball. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Oh i agree that College officials are terrible but i think its more because they want to be to much in the game.  Where as i feel and i will admit i don't watch NBA regularly, let so much go.  

I mean what do you think they're letting go? The NBA does miss travels sometimes, but again, they have a different rule and I think that's a much harder call to make in traffic and game speed than you guys imagine.

But in terms of letting fouls and stuff go? The NBA is pretty spot on with foul calls most of the time. Some guys get the star treatment which is true of any sport. 

When I think of letting calls go in basketball, I think of like a Purdue/Wisconsin game where the game looks more like a male orgy than basketball with all the mugging, pulling, yanking, and hip thrusting going on. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

No, I'm not joking. The NBA is not poorly officiated

We are never going to agree on this, in my opinion it is terribly officiated. I'm going to move on from this since we won't. Don't need it to turn into one of yours and Scotts back and forth lol. 😀

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

IBut in terms of letting fouls and stuff go? The NBA is pretty spot on with foul calls most of the time. Some guys get the star treatment which is true of any sport. 

This is a problem, IMO. I was a fan of the Jordan era Bulls and benefitted from it at the time. That doesn't mean it is right. Lebron, or any other superstar, shouldn't get an extra 3-4 fouls per game. A foul is a foul regardless of whether the player is a rookie or NBA vet.  Saying every sport has that is, while true, ignoring the reality that officials can do much better.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Reacher said:

This is a problem, IMO. I was a fan of the Jordan era Bulls and benefitted from it at the time. That doesn't mean it is right. Lebron, or any other superstar, shouldn't get an extra 3-4 fouls per game. A foul is a foul regardless of whether the player is a rookie or NBA vet.  Saying every sport has that is, while true, ignoring the reality that officials can do much better.

I agree it's a problem, but what sport doesn't have it?

7 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Guys, really. This is a great topic for the NBA thread, or a new thread 

I hear you, but also we just hired a coach from the NBA. There's naturally going to be a lot of NBA talk in threads about a guy who spent his entire career coaching the NBA.

Hired a Team & Recruiting analyst. Thanks to @The Daily Hoosier for the info!! Mike Stump...FW Mad Ants, Indy Heat background and also a manager at UK previously. Did Archie have an analyst on his team?? Seems things are going to be different under Woody!

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2021/5/3/mens-basketball-indiana-welcomes-mike-stump-as-team-and-recruiting-analyst.aspx

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-announces-hiring-of-mike-stump-as-team-and-recruitment-analyst/

Edited by dgambill

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

OK Boomer...  9_9

GET OFF MY LAWN DAGNABIT.  GOSH DANG LONG HAIRED HIPPIES ALWYAS ON MY LAWN.  NEVER HEARD OF A RAZOR OR SEEN A COMB.  WELL, BACK IN MY DAY, WE SHAVED 3 TIMES A DAY AND WENT TO THE BABER, WALKING UP HILL BOTH WAYS MIND YOU, TO GET OUR HAIR CUT EVERY DAY AND TWICE ON SUNDAY.  MUBBLE MUBLE MUMBLE HIPPIES LOOKING LIKE JUSTINE BEAVERSON.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

GET OFF MY LAWN DAGNABIT.  GOSH DANG LONG HAIRED HIPPIES ALWYAS ON MY LAWN.  NEVER HEARD OF A RAZOR OR SEEN A COMB.  WELL, BACK IN MY DAY, WE SHAVED 3 TIMES A DAY AND WENT TO THE BABER, WALKING UP HILL BOTH WAYS MIND YOU, TO GET OUR HAIR CUT EVERY DAY AND TWICE ON SUNDAY.  MUBBLE MUBLE MUMBLE HIPPIES LOOKING LIKE JUSTINE BEAVERSON.

FDF5767D-EAFD-49B8-888F-74AC3A5E56E8.jpeg.eb6225f8494d3f969ed3bfa8c64e38e8.jpeg

• Like 1