Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

GET OFF MY LAWN DAGNABIT.  GOSH DANG LONG HAIRED HIPPIES ALWYAS ON MY LAWN.  NEVER HEARD OF A RAZOR OR SEEN A COMB.  WELL, BACK IN MY DAY, WE SHAVED 3 TIMES A DAY AND WENT TO THE BABER, WALKING UP HILL BOTH WAYS MIND YOU, TO GET OUR HAIR CUT EVERY DAY AND TWICE ON SUNDAY.  MUBBLE MUBLE MUMBLE HIPPIES LOOKING LIKE JUSTINE BEAVERSON.

getoffmylawn3000.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Not sure where else to put this. Another hire that has Indiana roots. 

Wow...she retired in 2014....and we got her back?? Dang Woody is even recruiting the senior citizens centers! Might have been wrong about his connections....if this guy wants you....your coming to IU! I know I wouldnt give up my retirement to come back to work as an assistant to the coach lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

https://twitter.com/B_Walsh2/status/1389702195927519236

IU is leaning into the new NIL rules, as they should.

I applaud them. I'm glad Miller is no longer there. I just don't think he'd sell that aspect, at least not hard.

To a lesser extent also Glass. He did start up some stuff to help the athletes when it the change comes but I don't think he would've embraced it as much as I think Dolson will.

Edited by go_iu_bb
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
"When he got drafted in the NBA he came back to Coach Smith’s house one day and put a check on his kitchen table."
“Coach Smith was like ‘what’s that for’ and Woodson said ‘I just wanted to thank you for all that you’ve done for me.’"

Fantastic read.  TY.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
"When he got drafted in the NBA he came back to Coach Smith’s house one day and put a check on his kitchen table."
“Coach Smith was like ‘what’s that for’ and Woodson said ‘I just wanted to thank you for all that you’ve done for me.’"

Might be one of the best articles I've ever read of yours Mike! You should be real proud of it! Wonderful piece with history and heart! Keep up the good work!

• Like 2