Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

16 hours ago, Indykev said:

I really thought he was a fit here as an assistant.

I think with Woody we had to focus on strengthening recruiting and getting those connections more than say the x's and o's and player development which would be Woody's strong suit. Mussleman on the other hand has a style of play that recruits itself and having strong bench coach and teacher probably is more important. Happy for Smart! Hope he get's a HC gig again soon!

14 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I don’t know much, but....

Big deal.  At 21, I ate an entire Arby's roast beef sandwich in two bites.  

Edit:  And, there was a hell of a lot more meat on that sandwich 35 years ago than there is now.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Haha 5

Green has been doing work and it seems to be paying off, considering that when he was only 17 years young, he tied Georgia Tech's HC Josh Pastner as the youngest head coach to ever take charge of an Elite Youth Basketball League game.

https://www.vavel.com/en-us/ncaa/2021/05/11/college-basketball/1070912-green-joins-coach-woodsons-staff-at-indiana.html

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Green has been doing work and it seems to be paying off, considering that when he was only 17 years young, he tied Georgia Tech's HC Josh Pastner as the youngest head coach to ever take charge of an Elite Youth Basketball League game.

https://www.vavel.com/en-us/ncaa/2021/05/11/college-basketball/1070912-green-joins-coach-woodsons-staff-at-indiana.html

Wow....and at that age I was just trying to get my whistle wet....dang!

Clearly Woody runs in different circles than most....and I think we are seeing the benefit of it. I love this...so much different than the ol Bruiser/Ostrom etc etc. IU basketball has just entered the modern new age of basketball......this ain't 2000 any more...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Please explain to me how a team can be 17-14 and below .500 in the conference and you have them #1 in the power rankings going into the season. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

They did more than just about anyone else in the NCAA tournament...and have some solid additions this offseason. That said I've got Michigan and Purdue both ahead of them for sure. All I know is this league is not going to be nearly as good from 8-14 as it has been in the past. A lot of parity in that top 7. We should make some hay this year!

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They did more than just about anyone else in the NCAA tournament...and have some solid additions this offseason. That said I've got Michigan and Purdue both ahead of them for sure. All I know is this league is not going to be nearly as good from 8-14 as it has been in the past. A lot of parity in that top 7. We should make some hay this year!

Can't put them #1 regardless.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Please explain to me how a team can be 17-14 and below .500 in the conference and you have them #1 in the power rankings going into the season. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Bless Andy’s heart.  Super nice guy and he’s good on TV.   But analytical skills have never been his thing.   He thought Moser was the top available candidate for IU.  He’s not the guy to look to for serious discussion. But, he’s a really nice guy.   

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

Bless Andy’s heart.  Super nice guy and he’s good on TV.   But analytical skills have never been his thing.   He thought Moser was the top available candidate for IU.  But, he’s a really nice guy.   

I mean.. maybe they will be 1st. To have them #1 in power rankings RIGHT NOW? Ehhh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

It's interesting that Turgeon of all people is getting benefit of the doubt.  I must not be paying close enough attention.  Is Maryland supposed to be that good?

A lot of it depends on what Ayala and Wiggins do. If they both stay in the draft, I think Maryland finishes 7th or lower...