Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Great golf courses but way over priced if you are only playing a couple times.  By the way I saw you out at GCC a couple weeks ago.

I was going to ask you about that. Ayden lost a club there that day

I don't play well enough to play anywhere expensive that's for sure 

5 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

They also have the best burnt ends, brisket, smoked turkey and amazing sides. A must stop if I ever make it back to Charleston.

Yum....hmm carolina bbq or memphis bbq or kc bbq or texas....oh my...one thing is for sure I don't think the world will ever agree lol.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Use to but haven't for about 5 years.  Hilton Head had great golf courses but is pretty expensive.  I have been there like 7 times and only.plsued golf once

Crazy stupid on price.  Nice courses but for the money I like the Outer Banks better for golfing.  Same type of golf for half the prices.  

• Like 2

On 5/28/2021 at 1:08 PM, jefftheref said:

They also have the best burnt ends, brisket, smoked turkey and amazing sides. A must stop if I ever make it back to Charleston.

If any of you guys get to St. Louis area my second job is at beast craft bbq in Belleville Illinois. We have a 30 oz pork steak that you don’t need a knife, we will have wagyu brisket once covid is over, we have deep fried Brussel sprouts with deep fried pork belly on top. Deep fried and smoked snoots, homemade kielbasa, homemade pickles, smoked and grilled ribs, etc

• Like 8

1 minute ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

If any of you guys get to St. Louis area my second job is at beast craft bbq in Belleville Illinois. We have a 30 oz pork steak that you don’t need a knife, we will have wagyu brisket once covid is over, we have deep fried Brussel sprouts with deep fried pork belly on top. Deep fried and smoked snoots, homemade kielbasa, homemade pickles, smoked and grilled ribs, etc

Sounds fantastic.

29 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Big news with IU adding that highly regarded GA and having Thad on staff....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/NCAA-basketball-2021-passes-waiver-to-allow-instruction-by-non-coaching-staff-members-in-summer-166060081/Amp/

so two more non-coaches can assist practice. Big help!

i may have missed it. who was added as a GA?

28 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

i may have missed it. who was added as a GA?

23 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

A kid who's worked with Carmelo Anthony and is barely old enough to drink.  Sounded impressive for his age...go figure.

https://www.vavel.com/en-us/ncaa/2021/05/11/college-basketball/1070912-green-joins-coach-woodsons-staff-at-indiana.html#:~:text=Isaac Green has been named,Hoosiers Men's Basketball coaching staff.&text=via%3A Next Subject.,staff as a Graduate Assistant.    Isaac Green....and not just Carmelo but Donovan Mitchell, Kevin Love, Dangelo Russell and about 50 other NBA players. Kid is motivated and well connected!

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/05/14/isaac-green-takes-the-next-step-in-his-young-coaching-career-as-a-graduate-assistant-at-indiana/

Edited by dgambill
  • Thanks 1

I’ll be honest I was skeptical of coach Woodson but he has been impressive. If he has success which I think he will then I could see him retiring here because I don’t think he would leave for greener pastures. So my question is how long does everyone think he could realistically be here for with him being in his early 60s?

1 hour ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I’ll be honest I was skeptical of coach Woodson but he has been impressive. If he has success which I think he will then I could see him retiring here because I don’t think he would leave for greener pastures. So my question is how long does everyone think he could realistically be here for with him being in his early 60s?

10 years. 

• Like 1