Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/11/08/news-and-notes-from-mike-woodsons-radio-show/?fbclid=IwAR0NRCnThXOZ3KfL8GVbfTJsPZEwnN2nheXMX-pNegIMM4oE_86dbHVs1PQ

– Woodson said he had nothing but respect for the previous staff, but he inherited a team that was “mentally down” after last season. He said some players “couldn’t look me in the face because they didn’t have the confidence.” Instilling that confidence back has been a point of emphasis for Woodson.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/11/08/news-and-notes-from-mike-woodsons-radio-show/?fbclid=IwAR0NRCnThXOZ3KfL8GVbfTJsPZEwnN2nheXMX-pNegIMM4oE_86dbHVs1PQ

– Woodson said he had nothing but respect for the previous staff, but he inherited a team that was “mentally down” after last season. He said some players “couldn’t look me in the face because they didn’t have the confidence.” Instilling that confidence back has been a point of emphasis for Woodson.

Good lord, Archie Miller wrecked these kids even worse than I thought. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Good lord, Archie Miller wrecked these kids even worse than I thought. 

Not a single player thanked Archie nor do they say anything at all about him.  TJD, Race, KL and others would have been gone if we had retained him and we would not have landed Bates.  
The players go on and on about a more free flowing offense, how they are in better shape and having more fun, how they respect Woodys NBA pedigree, that the team chemistry is better etc etc., etc. They are making it clear what they think about him without saying it.

NOW……Let’s see the difference on the court! Can’t wait for the opener and season.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, IU878176 said:

Not a single player thanked Archie nor do they say anything at all about him.  TJD, Race, KL and others would have been gone if we had retained him and we would not have landed Bates.  
The players go on and on about a more free flowing offense, how they are in better shape and having more fun, how they respect Woodys NBA pedigree, that the team chemistry is better etc etc., etc. They are making it clear what they think about him without saying it.

NOW……Let’s see the difference on the court! Can’t wait for the opener and season.

Reading this post just made me even more fired up for tonight!!

On 11/9/2021 at 12:02 AM, IU878176 said:

Only the first game, but yet they played just like they did last year. If anything we should be partly blaming CAM for the kids he recruited if they were all that mentally weak and at all suggested that CAM was THE problem (or the only problem).  Would have more respect for guys (even if they felt he was a problem) that took personal responsibility for things they COULD control. Hope CMW helps each and every one of them become tougher physically and mentally. 

14 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

Thanks for posting!

If anyone wants a good laugh or is bored over the weekend take a peak at the first dozen pages of this thread.

Woodson has been on the job for almost 8 months. What he and our staff have been able to do in this short amount of time is remarkable. It's got a Mel Tucker/Sparty football feel to it. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks for posting!

If anyone wants a good laugh or is bored over the weekend take a peak at the first dozen pages of this thread.

Woodson has been on the job for almost 8 months. What he and our staff have been able to do in this short amount of time is remarkable. It's got a Mel Tucker/Sparty football feel to it. 

It would be interesting to see how they feel now....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks for posting!

What I saw was a bunch of posters who aren’t on here consistently. People who post only when the narrative supports their POV. 
Good for them…I guess 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I didn't like it. I really, really wanted Stevens, and against my better judgment, allowed myself to believe we had gotten him. 

It just felt like we swung for the fences and admired it, thinking we had hit a home run, only to watch it bounce off the wall and end up being a long single. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I didn't like it. I really, really wanted Stevens, and against my better judgment, allowed myself to believe we had gotten him. 

It just felt like we swung for the fences and admired it, thinking we had hit a home run, only to watch it bounce off the wall and end up being a long single. 

Thanks for your your reply.

Using your baseball analogy, I think we have an inside the park homerun!!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

While i didn't like the hire, i am extremely happy with what he has done since the start. Now that being said we have only played three games so far, so it is way to early to know how this is going to turn out. I am cautiously optimistic.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

we have only played three games so far, so it is way to early to know how this is going to turn out. I am cautiously optimistic.

Might have only been 3 games and 3 exhibition/scrimmage games but the change in play is glaringly obvious to me. It's fun to watch, guys are really giving effort, even in adverse times when things aren't going their way. Only thing that's missing for me is seeing a bunch of screens to get guys open. May not be condusive for 4 out-1 in offense, but gotta believe it would help.

I'm elated.

Go Hoosiers !

• Like 3

On 11/19/2021 at 1:21 PM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I would still caution getting too excited just yet.  Remember Romeos year?  I Believe we started 12-2 and we all thought we were back. 

Woody might work out but it’s a different skill set to be successful in college vs the NBA. 

• Like 3

Alot of season left to go, but it's nice not getting Blown out at Assembly Hall in you first game by damn near 30 pts to ISU. 

Woody is taking this seriously, he's a native hoosier from Indy, and I truly believe he would do this job for free. Thank God, after our time in the desert we have a Moses that will lead us to victory!

• Like 2

On 11/20/2021 at 9:48 PM, Brass Cannon said:

I would still caution getting too excited just yet.  Remember Romeos year?  I Believe we started 12-2 and we all thought we were back. 

Woody might work out but it’s a different skill set to be successful in college vs the NBA. 

While Woody had a pretty successful tenure in the league, he wasn’t all that successful as a head coach, and I believe that got him a little fired up for this challenge. Couple that with being an IU alum and being fired up about what this program had turned into… never know, college might’ve been his cup of tea all along.. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Alot of season left to go, but it's nice not getting Blown out at Assembly Hall in you first game by damn near 30 pts to ISU. 

Woody is taking this seriously, he's a native hoosier from Indy, and I truly believe he would do this job for free. Thank God, after our time in the desert we have a Moses that will lead us to victory!

I’m glad we have CMW, but it’s awful tough to compare him and CAM. Totally different situations (leftover roster, transfer portal, etc.) for the two. Now, do I believe that CAM could have come in to the same situation and done the same thing, no, but I’m fairly certain CAM took it seriously as well. Just didn’t work out for him. Little early to be crowning CMW as Moses isn’t it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I’m glad we have CMW, but it’s awful tough to compare him and CAM. Totally different situations (leftover roster, transfer portal, etc.) for the two. Now, do I believe that CAM could have come in to the same situation and done the same thing, no, but I’m fairly certain CAM took it seriously as well. Just didn’t work out for him. Little early to be crowning CMW as Moses isn’t it?

How about RMK?? I'm hearing CMW is the first Indiana coach since Knight to go 4-0??

WOW!

• Haha 1