Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

sam_the_eagle_x96.jpg

Just got texts from several Big Ten contacts. Most are lambasting the Woodson hire. One summed it up pretty well: “So a 63 yr old who’s never coached in college or recruited is the guy to rebuild that program? They could have done so much better. Indiana gonna Indiana.” #iubb

• Sad 1

Just now, Sea Turtle said:

sam_the_eagle_x96.jpg

Just got texts from several Big Ten contacts. Most are lambasting the Woodson hire. One summed it up pretty well: “So a 63 yr old who’s never coached in college or recruited is the guy to rebuild that program? They could have done so much better. Indiana gonna Indiana.” #iubb

Someone nervous!?!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

I definitely had Woodson at the top my list - I really feel his coaching record was not remotely correctly interpreted...

If rumors are true, the staff will be incredible.  Read on twitter maybe Tad will take an admin role?  Keeps getting better.  Dolson didn't only go after his guy, the IU family's guy...but an entire program.  Wow!  And, media has to be jaw dropping, especially if Tad rumors true.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

sam_the_eagle_x96.jpg

No clue who Ryan Philips is. Certainly not anyone important.

Could care less what some anonymous people are saying. For all you know, his contacts could be student managers in charge of laundry duty

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RIP what once was a great program.

This started with the Dolson hire over Pat Kraft. I knew I was being bs’d. I told my friends that Dolson was going to go Bruce Springsteen Glory Days and thing he can turn a Chevette into a Tesla with a nostalgic hire. I was told “ no he gets it. Dolson knows what’s he’s doing.” Insert ‘wrong’ buzzer here.

Owell, we still have football, women’s basketball, soccer etc. More time for other things in the winter instead now so no biggy.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I mean it’s such a bad hire dolson needed to hire a baby sitter in Matt’s. I wish he would have just hired Matta as head coach. I take back my apologies to dolson he is just a yes man what a slime ball I hate it

What an incredible amount of assumptions you make so flippantly, and with no real evidence, in only three sentences. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

sam_the_eagle_x96.jpg

While I dislike this hire immensely, I don't really give a crap what other programs think of it lol

41 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Dolson thinks this is like Juwan Howard.

These kids don't know who the hell Mike Woodson even is. 

TJD was like 'who?'

I doubt seriously that was TJD's reaction.  But, then again, you have never posted a single positive post on this board, so you would have likely found fault in any hire.

• Thanks 3