Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

Just now, GaloisGroupe said:

I am starting to like Goodman's obsession with us... it is kind of like that B-movie horror film that is so bad it starts to become good again!

Yeah.  His twitter feed looks like a Purdue message board.  It's awesome, lol!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

very solid viewpoint.  definitely seemed like a hire to appease the vocal former player crowd and some fans jumped onboard with an IU guy rather than the most qualified guy.  that said, i am more optimistic every day.  Matta and Fife are huge.  getting key players to stay make it so we can compete right away and should help with recruiting quicker.  a lot of positive energy in the program and obviously Woodson will have a ton on alumni support.  i like the recruiting prospects with the game he can talk and is personality combined with Fife, Matta, and yes, WWW.  now i'm interested to see if he is the Xs and Os genius many are saying and the player development guru many are saying.  if so, i will be so happy to be extremely wrong about my reaction to the hire!

It was also the fact that most fans realize that guys like Oats, Musselman and Drew and Beard was not going to leave their current jobs.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It was also the fact that most fans realize that guys like Oats, Musselman and Drew and Beard was not going to leave their current jobs.

I have no idea we’re you get your information but I am pretty sure besides Oats that you are wrong 

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

Screenshot_20210406-132732_Twitter.jpg

Good point.  That first year he went 13-69 or something obscene like that because he had a crap roster.  That’s historically bad.   The next year they had a jump but still sucked.  If you toss those couple of years out, his overall record demonstrates a good coach.  He’s above 0.500 for his career if that first farce of a season is tossed.  Nobody was winning with that squad.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno

19 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

By the way, I was thinking about CC and Mile.  I think they might be surprised by the turn in events and the resulting unbridled enthusiasm.  I’m sure they would have been excited.  Tragic that they aren’t here with us.  RIP

Wonder if they got together with the basketball gods and told them to get their crap together.

Then got sidetracked with conversations about the Jeffries rule and Indonesian hookers. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Wonder if they got together with the basketball gods and told them to get their crap together.

Then got sidetracked with conversations about the Jeffries rule and Indonesian hookers. 

And the discussion continues.  Mile trying to figure which way the wind is blowing 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I used Miles line about the wind blowing south in the Jalen Washington recruiting thread yesterday.  Their spirit lives on.

I think about Ken every day. I wonder what he would be posting during the season and the transition.

It really isn't the same without him.

• Like 2