Assistant Coaches??

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Are their going to be AAU events this summer?  Haven’t we not officially hired an assistant before so he wouldn’t be limited to the days he attended? If there are no AAU events, there is no point, but if there is I wonder if we might try that again. 

Seems like there should be AAU events this summer, just because everyone should have access to the vaccine by May. But I’m just speculating. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Woody mentioned in one interview I saw with him yesterday that he was going to start making calls today to guys he wanted to talk to. I wonder how long until some of those guys jump on board. 

I wonder if Matta is watching film and is having a tough conversation with a guy or two.  Would not surprise me.  There’s been lack of production at a spot or two that we simply cannot have.   We’d be insane to try that for another year.  That’s suicidal.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

Seems like there should be AAU events this summer, just because everyone should have access to the vaccine by May. But I’m just speculating. 

Eric Gordon Sr was on a podcast last night with Jim Coyle and other older IU players.  Gordon said that the April events coaches probably won't be able to attend but the ones in July they look to be able to attend those.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

38 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Are their going to be AAU events this summer?  Haven’t we not officially hired an assistant before so he wouldn’t be limited to the days he attended? If there are no AAU events, there is no point, but if there is I wonder if we might try that again. 

I would thiink the NCAA will allow off campus recruiting soon. Football can recruit on campus soon if not already. A new staff wouldnt want to hide Assistants i wouldnt think. I look for splash hires from Woodson to make some noise.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Hippopotamo said:

There were AAU tournaments last summer. They just canceled the big Nike, Adidas, and UA events. There have also been tournaments starting already and those shoe company events are scheduled so I'd guess they'll be happening this year. 

• Like 2

Smart decision. Now we have good continuity to last year’s roster, knowledge of their development stages and issues, intelligence on the conference, and relationships with recruits.  

I saw in one of the interviews, Woody said he’s eager to watch all conference foes to see how they play, what the coaches try to do, etc

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Link

I posted a quote from this Atlanta Constitution writer yesterday...

Interesting reading...Everyone has their enemies... 

That writer seems like a jerk....a real Jeff Goldman if you want. Clearly Woodson got under cut by his assistant in Atlanta....goes to show the NBA is shark infested water. Good luck to Brad Stevens....it's tough to survive in that environment. I kinda think he missed out on a golden opportunity.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

This would be terrific- key word - Plans???  That could mean not official?

Well in that case it's never official because Kenya could bolt for another job next month. That said he hasn't stopped working or recruiting so I think he's staying. 

• Like 1