Assistant Coaches??

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Yes I was too laszy to go back and fix. Its either we get both Fife and Lewis with Hunter or one of the two with Hunter and Turner

Do you know the "order of offer"? I mean, is it we offer Turner & Fife and if one turns us down we move to Lewis or is it Lewis & Fife and turn to turner... we call simultaneously and the first 2 to accept...

Just now, GaloisGroupe said:

Do you know the "order of offer"? I mean, is it we offer Turner & Fife and if one turns us down we move to Lewis or is it Lewis & Fife and turn to turner... we call simultaneously and the first 2 to accept...

No idea and I don't have any idea which ones are prioritized. I think Fife has garnered the most coveted position but who knows. I still find it hard to get both Fife and Lewis. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

It almost sounds like this should move to the recruiting page. 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, IUaic said:

That would be amazing if it happens. 2 options for next HC some day.

Edit: Wouldn't that be a demotion for Roberts?

1 hour ago, BtownBallers said:

Yes, however he is unlikely to keep his assistant position from what I have heard. DOBO would allow him to stay in Bloomington if that’s what he wants/may be his best current offer (if it’s even on the table). 

That would be surprising if Roberts accepted DOBO. He was associate head coach at UNC Greensboro and it was speculated that he would replace Wes Miller, should WM get another gig.

29 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

That would be surprising if Roberts accepted DOBO. He was associate head coach at UNC Greensboro and it was speculated that he would replace Wes Miller, should WM get another gig.

If he does not take it then Sean May could be in line for that position if he wants it

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

At first I did not think we would have Fife and Lewis both but could we end up Hunter, Turner, Lewis and Fife with Roberts as DOBO. thinking it could happen

If you want to get kids to come on the we'll get you to the NBA, you better have an NBA develop guy on your bench besides the head coach or that pitch isnt working.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, labeck81 said:

Funny you should say...the same buddy who owns the restaurant was told Sean May was on the shortlist and that was BEFORE Roy left 

Makes me wonder...had May come to IU instead of UNC....would it have been enough to have saved Davis job in the long run? And would that have been a good thing??

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Makes me wonder...had May come to IU instead of UNC....would it have been enough to have saved Davis job in the long run? And would that have been a good thing??

No - May completely transformed under Williams. He went from a really good player to a completely dominant player.

If Davis was able to help players like that he would still be here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yes I was too laszy to go back and fix. Its either we get both Fife and Lewis with Hunter or one of the two with Hunter and Turner

Just perused the other board and the speculation is Kenya, Lewis and Fife. All are hired and being announced in a few days. (taking that with a grain of salt from experience)

All I gotta say is if that happens we are getting 4 for the price of one.

Stevens many be > those 4 combined, but in the end, this just might be the second best outcome we could have hoped for. 

• Like 2