Assistant Coaches??

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Just perused the other board and the speculation is Kenya, Lewis and Fife. All are hired and being announced in a few days. (taking that with a grain of salt from experience)

All I gotta say is if that happens we are getting 4 for the price of one.

Stevens many be > those 4 combined, but in the end, this just might be the second best outcome we could have hoped for. 

Hearing Wednesday for the announcement 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Stevens many be > those 4 combined, but in the end, this just might be the second best outcome we could have hoped for. 

I always console myself by thinking if Stevens had come here he would have flopped and been out on his arse in 4 years, only to subsequently join Archie Miller's staff as an assistant at the University of Cincinnati

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Just perused the other board and the speculation is Kenya, Lewis and Fife. All are hired and being announced in a few days. (taking that with a grain of salt from experience)

Nah...I'd rather have a bunch of hard working guys that want to be here over a supposed wunderkind every day of the week.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

If this happens, it would be a dream team staff.

I would take those 4 together over Stevens.

Who knows?  Eventually we may realize just Woodson himself was indeed the better choice. 

I really like everything he's done so far. 

• Like 2

I have a hard time seeing both Fife and Lewis.  I've always like Fife, but I think Lewis makes more sense from an X's and O's standpoint,  Then you have Hunter as #1 recruiter.  That would make Fife kind of a 3rd wheel, which may not be what he is looking for.

Just now, 5fouls said:

I have a hard time seeing both Fife and Lewis.  I've always like Fife, but I think Lewis makes more sense from an X's and O's standpoint,  Then you have Hunter as #1 recruiter.  That would make Fife kind of a 3rd wheel, which may not be what he is looking for.

You know his preferences? :coffee:

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Hearing different things from deal is done , in the works to Lewis not interested.  I feel good it will be Lewis. Pure guess Lewis will be here a couple years before taking a head coaching job and eventually Fife will be the successor at IU

Do you think Sean May is in the mix?  After five years as DOBO at UNC he might be ready to step up a level.  I just don’t know enough about him as far as coaching potential, but there’s the link with Woody and his dad.  You’d think he’d be good at working with bigs. Maybe he can be our Joby Wright.   

Although, I have to say that I loved that Woody said in one of his interviews he will personally be involved in player development.  He’s going to be hands on.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Do you think Sean May is in the mix?  After five years as DOBO at UNC he might be ready to step up a level.  I just don’t know enough about him as far as coaching potential, but there’s the link with Woody and his dad.  You’d think he’d be good at working with bigs. Maybe he can be our Joby Wright.   

Although, I have to say that I loved that Woody said in one of his interviews he will personally be involved in player development.  He’s going to be hands on.

That's been a name that's been floating. I could see it and it balances things out a bit. Perfect way to mix/blend past to present. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

If it's not Lewis I could see May. My gut says Roberts leaves May to DOBO, Lewis assistant coach

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1