Assistant Coaches??

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

No...I work for a financial institution downtown. 

I will say this....I go over to Btown Banners to look for any recruiting news from time to time. Dang 90% of us would never make it on that site. They had like 1 off topic post in a thread and the admins come swooping in demanding everyone get back in line lol. Great IU fans...but dang they are like thread nazis over there lol.

They are EVERYTHING over there...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@rico : Them fellas goin' off topic there.

@bluegrassIU: What about 'em?

@rico: Ain't they the same three fellas we saw goin' off topic yesterday about this time?

@bluegrassIU : Yeah, now that you mention it, they do look familiar.

@rico : Yeah. Don't that seem a little strange to you, posters goin' off topic the very next day?

@bluegrassIU : No.

@rico : No?

@bluegrassIU : No. Didn't you ever hear of a person with a compelsion complex.

@rico : A what?

@bluegrassIU : Compelsion complex, you know, like when folks gotta be a washin' their hands all day long - that's a hand-washin' compelsion. Well, what you're lookin' at there, that's a case of thread hijackin' compelsion. 

@rico: All three of 'em?

@bluegrassIU : Well, all three of 'em's got the compelsion. Listen, you find compelsion nuts all over.

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 8

59 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

But like I said on BTB, I’m sure this one is taking longer because we are up against UCLA or because deals just take some time to do

Well, it doesn't hurt that it seems Izzo worked with Fife to get out of his contract (strange given a lateral move within conference). I'm sure Lewis contract would equally take time to get out of...if he even wants out and even if we asked. I'm not sure why we assume we are getting another assistant. Seems like Roberts is an IU guy and already being retained imo.

peegs has an article about a new name to add to the list of potential assistant coach candidates. I wasnt aware there was an actual list floating around? Is lewis still an option? who are the others? Mike Roberts is still on staff, i would like to believe we could get a more "valuable" assistant to take his place...?

29 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

peegs has an article about a new name to add to the list of potential assistant coach candidates. I wasnt aware there was an actual list floating around? Is lewis still an option? who are the others? Mike Roberts is still on staff, i would like to believe we could get a more "valuable" assistant to take his place...?

The name added to the list is Yasir Rosemond, whose last two stops have been Alabama and Georgia (before Crean got there).  Apparently his name came up in the FBI investigation, but he was “cleared of any wrongdoing.”  I love it... Start dropping those bags Mike Woodson!!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I don’t think Lewis comes, I believe UCLA F4 run ruined our chances, since he could be looking for a HC job or staying with UCLA 

The Fife hire may have more to do with it than anything.  I think it's fair to assume that both Dane and Mike would have interest in being head coach at IU when Woodson retires.  That's a more straightforward decision for Dolson if only one of them is on staff.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The Fife hire may have more to do with it than anything.  I think it's fair to assume that both Dane and Mike would have interest in being head coach at IU when Woodson retires.  That's a more straightforward decision for Dolson if only one of them is on staff.

This has been my thinking all along...although I was admittedly hopeful for both to be on staff.