Assistant Coaches??

If Dane is getting paid 25k more than his 2nd assistant position at MSU, is it reasonable to think there is still someone that CMW knows is filling the head assistant coach position at more like a 500k price range?

Remember Coach Woody has an extensive rolodex after spending 30 years around the league.  

I have zero worries and can guarantee we are going to be thrilled with the hire.  

20 hours ago, Inequality said:

Player development area I think is the focus. Maybe.

If you are pushing the NBA and player Development for the NBA, it better be an NBA guy. Someone besides CMW that can walk into a home and talk NBA. Dane and Hunter have college covered.

• Like 6

Link

From an ESPN article...A little disturbed at some of the things Rosemond allegedly said...

Among the other coaches whom Blazer said he, Dawkins and the undercover FBI agent met with in Las Vegas were Yasir Rosemond (Alabama), Anthony Coleman (Arizona State), Amir Abdur-Rahim (Texas A&M and now Kennesaw State's head coach) and Raphael Chillious (UConn).

Blazer testified that Dawkins didn't pay, or set up payments, to those coaches because they "just didn't have any good players at that time." The video recordings and testimony from Blazer included discussions about Dawkins providing resources in exchange for access with those coaches.

"If something needs to be done, we can be of assistance," Dawkins said to Chillious. "... You have the resources and ammunition if you need it."

Dawkins made similar comments to Rosemond: "You're recruiting a kid that needs some s---, you know, we can facilitate." Rosemond replied he would introduce them to his recruits, telling Dawkins, "Whatever you need me to do, I'll do it. I ain't got no dog in the fight. One day be a head coach."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

That's him. Without having time to read it,  I think he was cleared of wrong doing. Correct?

The story states he did not receive money because he wasn't 'worthy'.

Rosemond was named by Blazer among a group of coaches from Arizona State (Anthony Coleman), Clemson (Steve Smith), UConn (Raphael Chillious) and Texas A&M (Amir Abdur-Rahim) who met with Dawkins, Blazer and undercover agents, but (per Norlander’s Twitter posts from the trial) they “didn’t receive $ (money) b/c they weren’t consider worthy enough yet, i.e. they didn’t have pull w/ prospects.”

• Like 2

Just now, IUFLA said:

If the final assistant slot isn't going to be Mike Roberts, isn't Woody kinda doing him a disservice by keeping him in limbo during prime hiring season?

They have talked and Roberts is good with whatever situation is what I hear whether it's DOBO or 3rd assistant.  Wants to he at IU 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

If you are pushing the NBA and player Development for the NBA, it better be an NBA guy. Someone besides CMW that can walk into a home and talk NBA. Dane and Hunter have college covered.

This got me wondering who were CMW's assistant coaches when he was HC in the NBA:

Atlanta Hawks:

Greg Ballard

Bob Bender

Herb Brown

Larry Drew

David Fizdale

Alton Lister

Tyrone Hill

Jim Todd

New York Knicks:

Herb Williams

Darrell Walker

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If the final assistant slot isn't going to be Mike Roberts, isn't Woody kinda doing him a disservice by keeping him in limbo during prime hiring season?

I'm guessing they are keeping him on as an assistant until they hire the third assistant so he can keep recruiting, then maybe place him as DOBO.

• Like 2