Assistant Coaches??

1 minute ago, Muddy River said:

EXACTLY!!  So why take the risk?

Archie Miller was a career 43 percent shooter from.3 and 85 from the line. Obviously being good at those two things didn't help him coach others to do the same thing

I will trust Mike on this hire if it happens.  Coach Knight had Norm Ellenberger and Tates Lock on his coaching staffs after both had trouble with the NCAA ad a head coach.  He also had Dave Bliss on his staff and later on was the HC at Baylor when they had a player like ll another player.

5 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Look, maybe the guy is terrific at relating to kids, fine, sell that.  Don't sell that he is a shot doctor when no one has provided any evidence as to such, and the evidence available suggests otherwise.

Literally no it doesn’t. Your data means nothing because you have nothing to compare it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Literally no it doesn’t. Your data means nothing because you have nothing to compare it 

I simply posted that he was not personally a good shooter, and that his last team was not particularly good at shooting.  Certainly lots of variables, but the evidence available does not lend itself to the conclusion he is a shot doctor.  Do you have evidence that suggests otherwise?  I'd love to see it.  Nothing I'd like to see more than to have Rob start shooting the 3 at a 40% clip.  is there evidence that this guy can get him there?

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Archie Miller was a career 43 percent shooter from.3 and 85 from the line. Obviously being good at those two things didn't help him coach others to do the same thing

I will trust Mike on this hire if it happens.  Coach Knight had Norm Ellenberger and Tates Lock on his coaching staffs after both had trouble with the NCAA ad a head coach.  He also had Dave Bliss on his staff and later on was the HC at Baylor when they had a player like ll another player.

I was never a fan of the Ellenberger hire, but Coach Knight had more cache than Mike Woodson.  I simply don't see the need for the risk at this point.  As you said a 3rd assistant won't bring a tremendous amount to the table, but he can certainly take a program down.  #Notworththerisk.

4 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

I simply posted that he was not personally a good shooter, and that his last team was not particularly good at shooting.  Certainly lots of variables, but the evidence available does not lend itself to the conclusion he is a shot doctor.  Do you have evidence that suggests otherwise?  I'd love to see it.  Nothing I'd like to see more than to have Rob start shooting the 3 at a 40% clip.  is there evidence that this guy can get him there?

Lol I get it your trolling. Bravo sir. 

I was never a fan of the Ellenberger hire, but Coach Knight had more cache than Mike Woodson.  I simply don't see the need for the risk at this point.  As you said a 3rd assistant won't bring a tremendous amount to the table, but he can certainly take a program down.  #Notworththerisk.

There is no risk if IU just circles the wagons around the program like they’re supposed to in the unlikely event this guy gets “caught” “breaking the rules.”  See, e.g., literally every other blue blood.

• Like 5

I am not going to lose sleep over it or really care about it.

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol I get it your trolling. Bravo sir. 

How is this trolling?  I'm open to new ideas or suggestions.  I don't like the potential hire, for a number of reasons, but I'm open to opposing views.  I think he has questionable ethics and is being sold as a shot doctor who didn't shoot well, or coach it well.  You say otherwise.  Why so?

26 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Honest question, for you or anyone else chiming in.  Do you think with all the evidence we have, he is the best available candidate, the best fit for this position?  I would support your hire over his provided you haven't had any run ins with the FBI.

I’m not a basketball expert , and I didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn so I’ll leave the hiring to CMW and whoever else is helping with the decision as to best fit. Don’t know who else is being considered. I’ii trust CMW and IU to make the right decision. And NOBODY REALLY KNOWS WHAT WENT ON, ONLY WHAT WE READ.

• Like 3

How is this trolling?  I'm open to new ideas or suggestions.  I don't like the potential hire, for a number of reasons, but I'm open to opposing views.  I think he has questionable ethics and is being sold as a shot doctor who didn't shoot well, or coach it well.  You say otherwise.  Why so?

I am not going to worry if a coach can teach shooting off of what he did as a player.  There are hitting or pitching coaches in the majors who never played at that level.  I have seen guys who played guard but was good at coaching big guys.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I am not going to worry if a coach can teach shooting off of what he did as a player.  There are hitting or pitching coaches in the majors who never played at that level.  I have seen guys who played guard but was good at coaching big guys.

But, you, of all people, are OK with the ethical lapses?

• Haha 1

But, you, of all people, are OK with the ethical lapses?

I am thankful there are not that  many perfect people out there like you that don't believe in second chances. Maybe he as an assistant trying to move up did what he was told. Does not make it right but might speak to loyalty which as a head coach I think loyalty is pretty high on the list of things you want with your assistant coaches.

• Like 2

Would have to think that CMW and Scott Dolson are using extreme caution and doing their due diligence in hiring the last assistant. If they do hire Yasir my guess is they feel comfortable enough that he will not do anything to bring us back to where we were under coach Samson

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Cleared is only in the legal sense.  His intent was to commit the crime. He just didn’t have anything worth paying for, so he got lucky.  That’s not functioning in the grey area or exploiting a loophole.  He wanted to cross the line.

I am not saying I’m against him because I want to hear what Woody says about it.  Woody is the one taking the risk, not any of us.  We don’t know what Yasir is saying now.  Maybe he’s been humbled and changed.  Perhaps he has shown that he is worthy of a second chance.  None of us can judge that today.  And who knows what kind of coaching and recruiting he will bring?  There must be something there that Woody thinks would fill a need such that Woody is willing to take a big chance.

But pretending he didn’t veer from the grey area into outright corruption is just the opposite extreme of thinking he absolutely shouldn’t be considered.     Imagine if he gets caught holding illicit cash in the future.  I wouldn’t want my name attached to blindly supporting that.  

I can't disagree with those facts, but literally everyone is playing in the corruption/grey area, and they're winning championships every year in basketball and football.  For god's sake, Scott Drew just won a title coaching in Waco.  You have to play this game to roll with the big dogs.  Duke bball and Bama football don't give a rat's behind about the NCAAs nonsense.  They work the system as much as possible, win title after title and become legendary programs/coaches.  The holier than thou routine of our fan base is comical and so out of touch with modern athletics. 

Also, I would hope Yasir is going to be extra careful after being named in the FBI probe.  I could be 100% wrong and will have egg on my face, but I highly doubt Woodson brings on a liability.  Yasir seems to be a great guy to have on board when NIL explodes.  After listening to him I think he has a great grasp on how to successfully build your "brand".  Trust me, I hate saying brand but that's where this train is headed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I must say that I'm surprised at some of the people who seem to be perfectly okay with this.  I think a lot of that is trust in Mike Woodson.  But, let's admit it's more about faith in Woody than faith in Rosemand.  If UK was hiring Rosemand, a lot of people defending him coming to IU would look at it as confirmation that Cal is sleazy. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Cleared is only in the legal sense.  His intent was to commit the crime. He just didn’t have anything worth paying for, so he got lucky.  That’s not functioning in the grey area or exploiting a loophole.  He wanted to cross the line.

People keep saying that they don't care about going in the grey area somewhat, I am ok with it to a point, but this guy was way past the grey area. And like you said the only reason he was cleared is because what he was selling wasn't being bought. I guess we will see how things turn out if they hire him, it could be a good hire or one that could backfire on Coach Woodson.

• Like 1

I don't think Woody has settled on this. He got who he wanted in my opinion.  With all of his, Thad's, Dane's, Hunter's, and Brown's resources, do we really think he just grabbed someone without having a good reason? To me it's a strategic hire and shows Woody wants to be able to recruit the entire country. 

This staff/administration wants to win right now. F the rebuild

• Like 3