Assistant Coaches??

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I think being holier  than though is a compliment and not something to be criticized for.

I don’t like cheating either and wish schools didn’t do it but the reality is it happens. IU has had multiple players in the last decade get paid it’s just nobody got caught. That’s why I said the holier than though comment because it’s like some fans want to turn a blind eye to how some players have ended up at IU.

Also people talking about traveling and it is cheating have you guys actually played basketball.  Most of the time when a player travels it was not be because the player is trying to get away with something.  Most of the time you travel because you get going to quick and make your step before putting the ball downing the floor.  Also most fouls are not attentional where you are trying  get an advantage.  It is mostly due to the defender not being in a correct position and having to reach in.

28 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Back the program or find another...  we are trying to build a team for next year, and here we are with all the negativity again. It is exhausting!

This is ridiculous, just because people are questioning this hire doesn't mean they don't back IU. I didn't know that you had to blindly support every move that IU and Coach Woodson made. I joined this forum recently because I thought it was reasonable and differing opinions are allowed, it looks like I might have been wrong.

• Like 3

I just know if we win big and even win a championship but have to vacate those things then it is not worth it.  I know if I were an UM fan and having those final fours vacated in 92 and 93 was not worth having the Fab Five.

Probably the majority of the people willing to look at the way in their ethics to win are probably the younger fans.  I don't understand if you guys not ever seeing IU win a championship and really want to see it.  To me that is no excuse wanting IU to do what ever it takes to win because IU has won the right way.

2 minutes ago, Cutter said:

If you think your morals are the same as college coaches players say aau players  etc then you are dreaming pal 

All I have to say if we have to be like KU, Arizona, UK or Duke to be successful then I pass.  Give me the success of UW under Ryan any day of the week.  They might not have won a championship but they competed for the conference every year and made deep runs in the tournament.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

All I have to say if we have to be like KU, Arizona, UK or Duke to be successful then I pass.  Give me the success of UW under Ryan any day of the week.  They might not have won a championship but they competed for the conference every year and made deep runs in the tournament.

Wiscy is dirty...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Choose someone else besides Bo Ryan. Anyone with a  bit of knowledge know his moral compass was a little less than JR Ewing when it comes to the women folk in Wisconsin.

Back to the thread though. If Yasir can help us win. Hire him. There are protocols in place to make sure nothing else is going on. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

I admire your convictions but do you really believe Ryan was squeaky clean? Maybe but odds are against that you succeed at that level without some other things being involved. I do wish everyone felt the way you do but that is not the world we live in today. I liked growing up in the sixties but there was cheating in college basketball then so I either give up the last sport I follow or change with the times. It is tough to do and I may just give it up some day but right now I hope we hire Rosemond to go with Fife, Hunter and Woody gets this program with the big boys as that is where we belong.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Sure they are.  Do you really cheat for guys who are 3 stars and outside the top 100

Biggest myth going. Go check the rankings. Ryan's best teams had multiple 4 and 5 star guys....and he was the master of something else.

He..unlike Crean....always had the kids come back for one more year when they could have left. Our guys left a year early.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

I just cannot believe that this administration would risk any trouble.

I agree with everything you said, and this last sentence is why this "alleged" hire makes zero sense to me.  There are hundreds of people who could fill that 3rd chair who don't bring the cloud of suspicion.  Keep Mike Roberts, hell, hire IU Scott, I think he's looking for work, and neither of them brings the cloud of suspicion.  And IF (Big If) Yasir ever decided to go rogue, we wouldn't know until it is too late.   He will have access to players worth paying for here.  IU has danced with this devil previously and we still haven't recovered.  I just don't see the reason to take another bite of this apple.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Biggest myth going. Go check the rankings. Ryan's best teams had multiple 4 and 5 star guys....and he was the master of something else.

He..unlike Crean....always had the kids come back for one more year when they could have left. Our guys left a year early.

The teams that went to the final 4 had 1 5 star player.  Kiminski their best player was a3 star player who took 3 years to really get good.