Assistant Coaches??

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

My only issue is that many were freaking out over possibly hiring Scott Drew but are now seemingly fine with Rosemond.  

Yasir hasn't threatened to have a high school kid deported. Yes, it was Drew's assistant but he knew about it and turned a blind eye and still kept the guy around. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BENDOVER said:

Wouldn’t he still be able to recruit if the hire was made a week ago? How does the move to delay the paperwork give an advantage? 

Nope. It is a dead period for in person recruiting. Since he technically wasn't signed on to be an assistant (paperwork) he was able to still recruit (the gray area).

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Do you really think what Yasir attempted to do was "gray"?

“This is from Lasko to Fenny,” Schachter said, reading the text to Kaplan. “‘Fenny, I am in Indiana and Coach Ostrom asked me for an update. They are super willing to do what it takes to recruit Silvio. Is that something of interest for us?’”

Edited by IU_Realist
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, IU_Realist said:

“This is from Lasko to Fenny,” Schachter said, reading the text to Kaplan. “‘Fenny, I am in Indiana and Coach Ostrom asked me for an update. They are super willing to do what it takes to recruit Silvio. Is that something of interest for us?’”

Ostrom was willing. Not that different than Rosemond. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Saying someone else did the same thing doesn't really answer the question.  I see where not officially hiring a coach so he can in person recruit is a gray area, This seems more extreme to me.

13 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

We just have some really naive fans. Pretty funny 

So far we have established that the segment of our fan base that wants to do things above board and with integrity is "Perfect", "Holier than thou" and "Naive".  So what words are we allowed to use for the segment of our fanbase who want to outright cheat to win?  Can I start the list, or will that rile up the moderators? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I forget the exact quote, but Yasir said he'd facilitate a deal without ever facilitating it. The deal? Steering kids to an agency. And the practice of this NCAA illegality will be extinct in a year or two because it is assumed that under the NIL kids will be able to have their own agents while in school. Agents won't need coaches as their middlemen. 

He can't bribe kids because kids can make their money legitimately through endorsements. The demand that this coach could supposedly supply (the crimes some are scared will be committed) will disappear. 

I know I keep bringing this up, but what exactly are you worried Yasir will do? We can argue intent until we are blue in the face, but he never did anything. And the thing you're worried he would have done will no longer be a thing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I can only imagine the things that went on even when Knight was coach that the "right way" crowd would be floored by.

I worked detailing cars for a short time at a dealership in Bloomington (mid-late 90s when Knight was still coach). It didn't happen when I was there (summer), but was told by more than one person who worked there a long time that the "car is in the shop for repairs" game was played there.

For those that don't know what that is, basically a player takes his car (any car) to the dealer for "repairs" and is given a loaner to drive while the (non-existent) work is being done. The "repairs" take all semester to get done for some reason...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cybergates said:

I can only imagine the things that went on even when Knight was coach that the "right way" crowd would be floored by.

I worked detailing cars for a short time at a dealership in Bloomington (mid-late 90s when Knight was still coach). It didn't happen when I was there (summer), but was told by more than one person who worked there a long time that the "car is in the shop for repairs" game was played there.

For those that don't know what that is, basically a player takes his car (any car) to the dealer for "repairs" and is given a loaner to drive while the (non-existent) work is being done. The "repairs" take all semester to get done for some reason...

Fans are dumb as crap. It’s pretty obvious.  It happened with Keady and Knight and on and on and on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

So far we have established that the segment of our fan base that wants to do things above board and with integrity is "Perfect", "Holier than thou" and "Naive".  So what words are we allowed to use for the segment of our fanbase who want to outright cheat to win?  Can I start the list, or will that rile up the moderators? 

I’ll get started for you... “Corrupt,” “evil,” “eternally damned.”  No joke, I also saw a Holocaust comparison in the Yasir Rosemond thread on another site, lol.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

My only issue is that many were freaking out over possibly hiring Scott Drew but are now seemingly fine with Rosemond.  

The issue with Drew, in my mind, was that he threatened to deport a player from one of our biggest recruiting pipelines in this state.  The kids are gone but the guys running that show are still there.

He just won a title anyway, he was not leaving that situation.

6 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Fellas Woody is tight with WWW, Payne, and Brown.  Just as Archie and the UK staff were/are extremely tight.  

Dolson didn't hire these guys to pussy foot around. It's a serious coaching staff, with a multitude of connections.  Some/most of which live in the grey area or a step further. Woody is an NBA/business man, he's going to run this thing as close to going over the edge and push every boundary to win

Sounds like Dolson decided to go full basketball factory.   Considering all that goes on at Kansas, Duke, UNC, UK, Arizona, etc I'm fine with it.  The NCAA has made it very clear that they do not care.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Sounds like Dolson decided to go full basketball factory.   Considering all that goes on at Kansas, Duke, UNC, UK, Arizona, etc I'm fine with it.  The NCAA has made it very clear that they do not care.

I don’t care what we do for these kids off the court financially.  As long as while they are here academic integrity is upheld. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Good auto mechanics were in short supply during the 90's.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3