Assistant Coaches??

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think Moser to Oklahoma Lewis to Loyola

Word on Loyola is Drew Valentine....Moser's assistant.

I think Lewis might be smart to do the assistant thing one more year. Either a Pac 12 school would love to cherry pick UCLA assistant or he could head back to Midwest. Seems like on average there's about 10 jobs open every spring.

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think Lewis might be smart to do the assistant thing one more year. Either a Pac 12 school would love to cherry pick UCLA assistant or he could head back to Midwest. Seems like on average there's about 10 jobs open every spring.

Thanks, you would know more on this for sure was just making an uneducated guess. I think Lewis will strike while iron is hot 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You called that one right

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Agree 100%.  It’s plausible he could be next coach but committing to it now would be insane.  There are unknowns and changing circumstances between now and then. That makes a future  promise like that untenable. I suppose one thing you could do is pay him if he’s not named head coach upon Mike Woodson’s permanent separation, but I’d make that payout very manageable. Maybe a couple of million max.  That would show him he’d be strongly considered but that’s the best I’d do.  

Assuming this hire happens, I'd bet that's the gist of it...a payout if he's not the next coach. Also language about conduct, infractions etc.  No one is getting an unconditional guarantee they will be the next IU coach.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Indykev said:

I was just told Dane Fife will be added to the staff. Trying to work out contract language on him being the next head coach when Woodson is done. This came from no one I have gotten info from before but I wanted to share. Izzo could retire tomorrow. not sure this makes since.

That would absolutely be huge Kev! Dane has done a great job recruiting Indiana kids  to MSU.  Fingers crossed, you are correct!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks for sharing. I don't mind having a plan in place at all....but let's assume ( I know) Woodson is coaching for another 6-7 years minimally. Would any coach let alone Fife stick around that long? Honestly I would never want IU to commit to an absolute on the next coach that many years out. 

I want Fife back but not if that means we are guaranteeing the gig to him down the road.

You hit on the 2 things that makes me question the info. sitting 6-7 more years in the 2nd chair and IU guaranteeing the job. I wasnt going to post this info but i thoughtt it would give us something to chat about. we shall see i guess.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Between2Halls said:

If UCLA pulls off a win tonight does that promote Lewis to HC somewhere?  I know there are some thinking it could already happen.  

I didn't think so when we discussed earlier but college hoops is in an hour by hour business right now. Cincinnati is trying to get rid of John Brannen for cause. I could see a school like Cincy taking Michael Lewis for a couple reasons. Asst coach ready to make jump....and he's Cronin assistant. Add in being from the Midwest that one works.

Of course I could see Archie going there too. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I didn't think so when we discussed earlier but college hoops is in an hour by hour business right now. Cincinnati is trying to get rid of John Brannen for cause. I could see a school like Cincy taking Michael Lewis for a couple reasons. Asst coach ready to make jump....and he's Cronin assistant. Add in being from the Midwest that one works.

Of course I could see Archie going there too. 

I agree on the hour by hour business part. Things seem to be changing nonstop. I’m not too familiar with the Cincy issue, but the Cronin connection you mentioned would make sense. I’m just curious to see what type of national attention and interest comes to Lewis in light of this tournament run. 

• Like 1

Just now, Between2Halls said:

I agree on the hour by hour business part. Things seem to be changing nonstop. I’m not too familiar with the Cincy issue, but the Cronin connection you mentioned would make sense. I’m just curious to see what type of national attention and interest comes to Lewis in light of this tournament run. 

I didn't think that the end of the Cronin years at UC were real cordial

1 minute ago, Between2Halls said:

I don't know UC stuff that well but if online world is any indicator...they have some administrator issues and not just the AD. Lewis created enough attention being the assistant designed to stop Michigan. I could see Cincy going after him or Archie very quickly after they fire Brannen.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't know UC stuff that well but if online world is any indicator...they have some administrator issues and not just the AD. Lewis created enough attention being the assistant designed to stop Michigan. I could see Cincy going after him or Archie very quickly after they fire Brannen.

I never really understood the Brannen hire?  NKU to UC?  The AD who hired him bears some responsibility here.  A quick, cheap hire with bad results.  JMHO

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I live in southeastern Indiana, and listen to ESPN 1530 out of Cincinnati a lot. The entire thing is bizarre, because they’re saying that the administration opened up an investigation, without talking to Brannen about anything. Then they found him guilty of nothing, so they’re launching another investigation, but nobody has any clue as to why! I think and ESPN 1530’s radio guys suggest that the AD is trying to save face for players entering the transfer portal. “HELLO” it’s not like it isn’t happening everywhere! 😂 It’s a mess right now. Remember my Hoosier brethren, it could always be much, much worse!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Danomatic said:

I live in southeastern Indiana, and listen to ESPN 1530 out of Cincinnati a lot. The entire thing is bizarre, because they’re saying that the administration opened up an investigation, without talking to Brannen about anything. Then they found him guilty of nothing, so they’re launching another investigation, but nobody has any clue as to why! I think and ESPN 1530’s radio guys suggest that the AD is trying to save face for players entering the transfer portal. “HELLO” it’s not like it isn’t happening everywhere! 😂 It’s a mess right now. Remember my Hoosier brethren, it could always be much, much worse!

If I were guessing....it's similar to what Glass did to Wilson. AD hired a law firm to get the goods (be able to fire for cause) because so many players were having issues. 

• Like 1