Rebranding

Since we are apparently rebranding, we should:

Bring back Hurryin'. It's got a cool runnin' rebels ring to it that I think recruits will like.

Bring back the Bison mascot. We are like the only team that doesn't have a mascot. I think the kids in the stands would like it.

New jerseys.

Names on jerseys.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Sea Turtle said:

Since we are apparently rebranding, we should:

Bring back Hurryin'. It's got a cool runnin' rebels ring to it that I think recruits will like.

Bring back the Bison mascot. We are like the only team that doesn't have a mascot. I think the kids in the stands would like it.

New jerseys.

Names on jerseys.

just buck all tradition!  i love it!  wait... no.  

• Like 2

I don't mind the thought of names on jerseys. The jerseys themselves could use a refresh... the current design isn't balanced correctly, IMO. The piping on the shorts is waaay to thick and there isn't any on the top! Looks clunky.

I like the idea of alternates. Script Indiana on the front as an example.

And please, IU Sports Shop/Adidas: allow fans to buy more authentic, good gear. There is so much cool stuff that is not available to the public. That's a HUGE missed opportunity.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I don't mind the thought of names on jerseys. The jerseys themselves could use a refresh... the current design isn't balanced correctly, IMO. The piping on the shorts is waaay to thick and there isn't any on the top! Looks clunky.

I like the idea of alternates. Script Indiana on the front as an example.

And please, IU Sports Shop/Adidas: allow fans to buy more authentic, good gear. There is so much cool stuff that is not available to the public. That's a HUGE missed opportunity.

Adidas is awful in that regard. Awful. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

7 years ago when Cody and Vic were flashing them they were the hottest thing out.  Lose and they are hokey.  How long have these people been fansing?

Nothing to do with winning or losing. Have felt that the candy stripe warmups have looked out of style for a long time, but I get that to some it's tradition. That's OK, I don't feel that strongly either way.

By the way, I attended IU from 78-82 and was a fan before that, almost as long as the warmups have been around, but thanks for asking.

9 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Nothing to do with winning or losing. Have felt that the candy stripe warmups have looked out of style for a long time, but I get that to some it's tradition. That's OK, I don't feel that strongly either way.

By the way, I attended IU from 78-82 and was a fan before that, almost as long as the warmups have been around, but thanks for asking.

That's fine if it's a personal opinion.  I guess aren't they all.  I'm 39 and still hold them near to my heart, even though I have never owned a pair.  They look good on the players and a few of the coeds. Imo. And back when Cody and co brought us out of the ashes, they were everywhere.  They are and can still be multiple generational.  

I know names on the jerseys is controversial, but I don't know how you fully convince recruits IU is at the forefront of NIL while telling them their names can't be on their jerseys.  And I'm one of the old guys saying that.

Edited by IUJoe
  • Like 6

These were from a guy on Twitter and I loved the design of them.  A bit mixed on the black, but they were all based on uni's of the past for IU and our various logos.  Gives an idea though on how you can pay respect to the past, while also modernizing our branding going forward.

jerseys.png

Edited by IUALUM03
  • Like 6