Rebranding

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

There was a suggestion on the BTown Banners forum to name the student section "The Woodshed" ala MSU "Izzone."

We would need a student section first. There has been no organization in the past and schools like Duke and Michigan State are far more known for their crowds even if we can be louder.

3 hours ago, IUALUM03 said:

https://twitter.com/rygi13/status/1362791323426783239?s=21

As you can see, the alternates were not just pulled out of thin air, but reference old uni's.  We do have a history pre-Bob Knight that often gets overlooked or forgotten.

image.thumb.png.5409e714e0434fe85581d4189e811f72.png

I had not seen those pics before and it makes sense. Regardless, maybe we could still pay homage and still freshen it up at the same time. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Haven’t read thru any but first page, keep the candy stripe warmups- lord have mercy. Out of all my IU hoodies, my favorite has always been the script- looks awesome. We really need to let these young men have their name on their jerseys - this day and age along with NIL it’s a no brainer. 

Keep the candy stripes!!!!!

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 9:06 PM, Sea Turtle said:

Since we are apparently rebranding, we should:

Bring back Hurryin'. It's got a cool runnin' rebels ring to it that I think recruits will like.

Bring back the Bison mascot. We are like the only team that doesn't have a mascot. I think the kids in the stands would like it.

New jerseys.

Names on jerseys.

Bring back the old look on the uniforms piping around the shoulders and neck get rid if the womens V neck on the mens uniforms. A Hoosier is you and I. So pay a big burly guy put him in candy striped bibs and let him raise hell with the cheer leadrs. With our student section we would be hell bent. Put our students on the sidelines court level, this would create the greatest home court advantage in the country. 

14 hours ago, AshtonHershey said:

We would need a student section first. There has been no organization in the past and schools like Duke and Michigan State are far more known for their crowds even if we can be louder.

Well, there you go...A cause! You could organize it and strike gold!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, H00sier said:

Haven’t read thru any but first page, keep the candy stripe warmups- lord have mercy. Out of all my IU hoodies, my favorite has always been the script- looks awesome. We really need to let these young men have their name on their jerseys - this day and age along with NIL it’s a no brainer. 

Keep the candy stripes!!!!!

The script does not look good on a jersey though.  

I think we need to stop the pearl-clutching and embrace updating the look...

You guys can help me out here, but thinking through all the major sports (pro & amateur), I believe only the Yankees and Dodgers (and to a lesser extent Alabama & Penn State fb) have maintained the 'same' look throughout the years. All other teams, including historic ones (Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Giants, Patriots, etc) have altered their looks and embraced variants.

I know we want to honor our tradition. That's fine. But the real honor is playing winning basketball and hanging a cream and crimson banner #6 on the wall.

Let's have alternate jerseys. Let's have a dedicated student section that surrounds the court. Let's update the band's attire. Let's make Assembly Hall a rollicking, Mad Max: Fury Road / THUNDERDOME where other teams come in and get their a$$e$ whooped on the regular. 

• Like 7

On 3/30/2021 at 2:43 PM, IowaHoosierFan said:

get rid of the stars on the back of the shorts.  Maybe bring them back when get a 6th one.

I thought about that this season when we were playing terrible that these players have nothing to do with the 5 banners. An alternative might be to let them earn up to 5 stars during their career (similar to football helmet stickers). 

On 3/30/2021 at 9:31 AM, HoobieDoobie said:

Lakers, bulls, sixers, clippers, warriors have all done cursive alternates.  I wouldn't want them wearing it every game, but its not a bad idea for an alternate that would appeal to everyone.

If you want NBA type of alts, they should do one with "B-Town" across the front. That's what the NBA would do.

• Like 3

In my perfect world they would go back to the old school IU uniforms with the piping as the primary uniform. But they would also embrace 2-3 alternate uniforms each year that they would bring out for big games maybe 5-8 times a year. Seems like it would be a good compromise between our past and give something new and fresh that could be marketed. I know it won’t happen but still.

• Like 2