Durham to Providence

Read an article where his dad says he's going to Providence to be a point guard with a goal, obviously, of getting to the NBA. After watching Al for four seasons it's difficult to believe he will make it as a point guard with such poor ball handling skills and limited court vision. And he was given a lot of opportunity at IU to have the ball in his hands. He will have to make a huge jump in ability.

The things that will stick with me about Al's time at IU is 1) his positive attitude; and 2) the number of times he would finish a drive to the basket falling to the court and sliding out of bounds. Always wondered why he struggled to stay on his feet. Best of luck to Al and his family. He represented IU well on and off the court. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Read an article where his dad says he's going to Providence to be a point guard with a goal, obviously, of getting to the NBA. After watching Al for four seasons it's difficult to believe he will make it as a point guard with such poor ball handling skills and limited court vision. And he was given a lot of opportunity at IU to have the ball in his hands. He will have to make a huge jump in ability.

The things that will stick with me about Al's time at IU is 1) his positive attitude; and 2) the number of times he would finish a drive to the basket falling to the court and sliding out of bounds. Always wondered why he struggled to stay on his feet. Best of luck to Al and his family. He represented IU well on and off the court. 

...and 3) 1,000 points scored in an IU uniform.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Al Durham....over/under he falls on the floor 4 times a game. Always took the over....and I came out ahead! Yeah, I think that is a stretch for him...but in a different system maybe he can do enough. Great spot up shooter when he gets his feet set. I do think he had could use more strength...wasn't great finisher at the rim as he could have been. Good luck to Al. Class act!

On 3/31/2021 at 1:09 PM, IowaHoosierFan said:

Al will never make an NBA team.  He just doesn't have that skillset.  But i think he can have a solid career overseas and continue to play the game he loves.  Good Luck Al

I don't know....Al could make the NBA ALL FLOP team. Guy could flop with the best of them. Spent almost as much time on the floor as women's panties in Wilt Chamberlian's bedroom. 😝

Edited by dgambill

On 3/31/2021 at 9:46 AM, Euroclydon said:

Yes, He also reminded me of Verdell Jones. Always falling down.