Roy Williams

I have a source inside the Athletic Department at North Carolina. He told me about this yesterday. Roy has been persuaded by the University President to become the Dean of Phantom Classes. He will be responsible for getting players to not attend the class yet receive passing grades. As of now they have 3,500 alumni who have mastered this and another 45 waiting to get into this prestigious fraternity.

• Haha 7

Matt Doherty is available

Doherty, 58, now lives in Mooresville, about 30 miles north of Charlotte. He does some executive coaching, speaks to corporations about leadership and has a couple of weekly radio gigs in Charlotte. He also freely admits to missing coaching. His most recent coaching job came at SMU, where he was the head coach for six seasons before getting fired in 2012.

“Coaching basketball is my drug,” Doherty said. “I joke and say I’m in rehab right now. ... But I’d never say never. Listen, if somebody can be the president of the United States at 78, I think I could be a head coach again at 58. Or maybe an assistant, for a head coach I know and respect.”

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1